Paypal payment went through twice

by Esmee_14111997

Original Post

Paypal payment went through twice

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm worried about the payment for my order with order nr: 1003499140914. It's an expansion bundle for the sims 4 (get to work, dine out, and laundry day). The payment went through twice via PayPal. 

I already paid for it once, but there's another payment for the same order still waiting to be accepted by you (EA). I would like this second payment to be deleted as I already made the transaction for this bundle. 

Can you please help me with this? 

Kind regards

Message 1 of 5 (776 Views)

Re: Paypal payment went through twice

Community Manager

Hi @Esmee_14111997

The Origin payment system should be able to prevent duplicate charges, but if both of the purchases actually went through and withdrew your funds I would recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look. 

For more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. You can also speak with them via Twitter or Facebook instead if that works better for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (745 Views)

★★ Guide
Hi @Esmee_14111997.

I am a player like you and do not work for EA, so anything I say cannot be considered as endorsed or in any way implicate EA. But basically and to give you some comfort, from my previous experiences with what you report, I can tell you that the duplicate payments pending authorization that sometimes appeared to me in Paypal have disappeared after some days.

This is some kind of glitch which I don't know the source of it but sometimes happen (in fact also happens in many other sites I shop online using Paypal, this is not specific to EA).
Message 3 of 5 (744 Views)

★★ Guide
Sorry @EA_Kent, I only realized you had already replied after submitting my reply.
Message 4 of 5 (674 Views)

Community Manager

@kabouki1965 

No worries! Thanks for sharing your advice here. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (624 Views)