Re: Payment options for Origin in India

by CitrusViking

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Payment options for Origin in India

★★★★★ Novice

Dear Origin Developers

I have been greatly entertained by many of your games, especially the Mass Effect Triology. I fully enjoyed using your Origin store and client service. I am writing this post to question you guys on what  are the payment options available for Indian customers of your site. I see only the option to pay by credit card during checkout. As you must have mostly encountered, payment issues on the site. I was a recent victim as well. I tried exploring other payment options and found that paypal could be added, but still can't be used. So I would kindly request you guys to add additional payment methods for the Indian version of your website. I would highly recommend that you guys add Paypal,Debit Card modes ( personally I think these two are big). 

I hope you guys greatly improve your service here in our country. 

Thank You

Santhosh

Message 1 of 20 (30,392 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Hello! Here's an article EA published that may address some of your concerns: http://help.ea.com/in/article/ordering-payment-information/#1 Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (34,456 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Hello! Here's an article EA published that may address some of your concerns: http://help.ea.com/in/article/ordering-payment-information/#1 Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 20 (34,457 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey,

I'm facing the same issue too. And the link only shows available payment options for the US.

Tried making a credit card purchase but it hasn't gone through. Origin lets me register my PayPal, but it doesn't show up during checkout. I think everyone here uses Credit Card or PayPal for international payments. So it's not even like PayPal isn't supported in India.

Would really appreciate if EA could check on this.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 20 (29,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same issue just like other users from India. I contacted support about this issue; they said that they will forward my suggestion to dedicated team to look into it.

Lets see what happens.

Message 4 of 20 (26,844 Views)

★★★★ Novice

till now there is only credit card payment available!!!!!! guys add other payment method bcuz majority of indians uses debit card or patym payment method!!!!! THE lose is faced by u guys  (origin) only......i have waited for 1 and a half year  in the hope to register in origin  access but every time when i go to the payment step there is only credit card option only!!!!!!!!! ): ): 

Message 5 of 20 (26,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I WANT TO BUY NEED FOR SPEED 2016 DELUXE EDITION BUT I DIDNT HAVE CREDIT AND I WANT TO BUY IT ON DEBIT CARD PLEASE HELP ME TO BUY THIS GAME PLEASE AND I AM FROM INDIA SO PLEASE HELP ME AND AA THE DEBIT CARD OPTION TO BUY THE NFS 2016 PLEASE

Message 6 of 20 (26,172 Views)

★★★ Novice
Many of us have faced this issue and it has been posted multiple times on this forum but nothing changed. So, I tried contacting origin on Facebook but haven't received any reply. Try to contact them on social media, maybe if enough people raise this issue, EA and Origin will do something about it.
Message 7 of 20 (26,164 Views)

★★★ Novice

I desperately want to buy FIFA 18 but I'm unable to buy please make sure you accept others payment option in INDIA as most of people here don't have Credit Card.

Message 8 of 20 (25,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They didn't provide other payment options other than credit card yet. I wanted to purchase few games during winter sale but.........

Message 9 of 20 (24,866 Views)

★★ Novice

Just change your Region to US or UK and then add paypal to payment methods but Rupay debit cards will not work there only VISA Mastercard American express and 1 more I don't remember

Message 10 of 20 (24,530 Views)