Payment options for India is taking forever

by HimalayanSnow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Payment options for India is taking forever

★★ Novice

At what point will EA realize that most Indians do not use credit cards or do they just not care? I contacted Support an they do not even know when EA will add the payment option. Don't you want my money ? Do you feel India is not a big market for you to consider or is it just a place for you to set up support centers ? not asking for a lot, just paypal or Debit Card. Help me help you DisappointedFrownShockedAngry

Would like a honest answer and not the same reply you have been giving since 2014

Message 1 of 10 (1,190 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Payment options for India is taking forever

Community Manager (retired)

@HimalayanSnow Expanding cash cards into a new country is a huge and lengthy effort.  We're currently focused at rolling out cash cards into a few other countries at this time.  However, after those rollouts are complete, we'll be re-evaluating which countries to roll out into next, and India is on the list for consideration.

That said, it's not my team that handles this so I don't have more information about when that would occur and the likelihood of India being chosen for expansion.  Nevertheless, we are aware of the desire.

Alex
Origin Product Team

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,366 Views)

All Replies

We've looked several times into adding Paypal support for India, but PayPal doesn't currently support INR.  However, I've heard there is some investigation into remedying this, so perhaps this is something we'll be able to offer in the future.

We currently don't support debit cards for product purchases in _any_ country due to high rates of fraud.  It's unclear to me whether this is likely to change in the future, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 2 of 10 (1,164 Views)

★★ Novice

Appreciate the reply Alex. How about cash cards, As far as I know your retail partners are not in the Indian market. Could we look at getting it into sites like Amazon.in or so as they accept all modes off payment including COD(Cash on delivery), doing this might just solve most of the trouble we are having with purchases. Can I have more details on the Cash Card side of things.

Thanks,

Ashish

Message 3 of 10 (1,155 Views)

@HimalayanSnow Expanding cash cards into a new country is a huge and lengthy effort.  We're currently focused at rolling out cash cards into a few other countries at this time.  However, after those rollouts are complete, we'll be re-evaluating which countries to roll out into next, and India is on the list for consideration.

That said, it's not my team that handles this so I don't have more information about when that would occur and the likelihood of India being chosen for expansion.  Nevertheless, we are aware of the desire.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 4 of 10 (1,367 Views)

other payment options in india

★★★ Newbie

we have been begging you people for a long tyme.....plzz add a different payment option for india(battlefield 1)

Message 5 of 10 (1,121 Views)

Re: other payment options in india

EA DICE Team

@WFPK-RaNgeR

Hi,

Your question has recently been answered by Alex from the Origin team, so I've moved it into this thread.

Cheers,

Message 6 of 10 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I believe its easy to arrange paytm(similar to paypal but widely used in india) recharge just as google play did.

Message 7 of 10 (1,027 Views)

★ Novice

See Alex I appreciate that you are making an effort regrading this problem but understand from our behalf also it is taking more time than we expected, from last year I am contacting EA support every time I get these type of answers only i.e. we will be adding more payment options in the near future, but I am not seeing that future coming soon. Udemy has Paypal as their payment option and I have tried that it just converts the INR into Dollars and then I can easily make payment. So I don't think adding Paypal option will trouble you much.

We will really appreciate if our problem will be solved faster, as we waiting from so long.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Fingers crossedFingers crossed

Message 8 of 10 (808 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Untitled.jpgOrgin access is one of cheapest alterative I have but I can't use it as no payment method here just credit card which 1 out of 100 use may be less.

So I move to steam that all origin know I think they don't know about India anything. Just like Netflix which try hard as they can but payment method sucks. Now next upto you I am already on steam I know it is not that cheap I have to pay more then I will in origin but I have no method of payment for orgin access and now steam is much famous in India as before they launch cod also that is some great thing that origin never care.

ne.jpgwhen you compete you look at feature overall but end of time you need payment way and as a digital company you have nothing.

DID I AM ANGRY                  YES

WHY                                      FROM FIRST TIME I SEE THESE MEMERSHIP OF ONLY 2000 may be it is 999 or 1499 it long time before,

then I try to buy it anyways but when people came with to credit no body help try every friend

But in banking case no one trust anyone with credit card and dad use debit card.

Dad Say I am not getting credit card for yours games things.

And when I employed I find out some debit card can use as credit card but with specific bank account. But that has not work for me.

Look at me I willing to pay from almost more then 2 year for this subscription but your payment hurdle is very hard to pass. Right now I m intern and earn low and can't get credit card for that also. You know for credit you have to some income and bank balance which I have none. Like this month all spend already on guitar. bank balance ₹400 again.

That why I am angry I chat with customer care 2 times. 3 or 4 may be more post for a payment method that can work for me.

Still nothing I am on steam but there is no subscription there Microsoft come with game pass sub. but that is too much, I like to play some game at a good price that a thing you should be think it. I have having some good game over there also. But always positive to give origin give me alternative. 

Please don't remove this @EA_Alex comment this is like love and hate relationship this is what I like to tell ea what they are doing from long time. I can go on but that made this comment 1000% deleted in 10 second. I like to see this comment live for a while.

Message 9 of 10 (762 Views)

★★ Novice
@Cheranchera at least paypal would be okay
Message 10 of 10 (636 Views)