Payment Error #10048

by LongLiveTheNoob

Original Post

Highlighted

Payment Error #10048

★ Novice

I get this message "We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. Please check your payment details and try again. Alternatively try another credit card or payment option or check with your card issuer or bank." when I am trying to make a purchase using a Chase Debit card.

I am trying to make a purchase from Myanmar using a US debit card.

When I use PayPal payment method using the same card, I get the following message:

"We're unable to process your order at this time due to an issue with your provided payment method. Please use a different payment method to complete your order, or try again later. [ref. #10048]"

I have contacted the bank and have double checked that the bank is not declining this transaction.

Please help.

Message 1 of 3 (815 Views)

Re: Payment Error #10048

★★★ Guide

@LongLiveTheNoob things you can try.

1) Making the purchase on a different internet browser or using the origin client.

2) Ensure the info you are entering is correct.  check the postal code and make sure it matches what your financial institution has on its file ( if moved recently and never updated on your banks side this could throw it off) 

3) Using a different payment method.

Other then that, due to the nature of public forums, billing related issues are best handled with an EA advisor at help.ea.com

Message 2 of 3 (809 Views)

Re: Payment Error #10048

★★★ Newbie

if you have a VPN turn it off and it will work right away. spent an hour in chat with support for them to finally suggest that and it worked.

Message 3 of 3 (718 Views)