Paying with Debit card?

by Kriskowtf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Paying with Debit card?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello guys can I ask you why cant I pruchase anything with my Visa debit card from Origin . Its not an issue with the bank , because I just bought doom from [Removed] and I had no problems and I have enough cash in my card .

Message 1 of 4 (582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Paying with Debit card?

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Kriskowtf That is actually not an error that come up when you use a debit card by default. With this error I would recommend reaching out to your bank and make sure online and recurring purchases are allowed on your card. If either of these are blocked Origin will not accept the card.

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (591 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Kriskowtf It depends on the card whether you can use it or not. I myself use a Debit card without any issues Standard smile

The card needs to be enabled for online and re-occurring purchases and have a registered address. Also having the CVV code on the back of the card is needed. If your card meets these requirements you should be able to use the card.

Is this not the case for you and if so do you get any errors?

Message 2 of 4 (565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I do get errors - http://prntscr.com/bge91g . Says credit card , but im using a debit one.

Message 3 of 4 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Kriskowtf That is actually not an error that come up when you use a debit card by default. With this error I would recommend reaching out to your bank and make sure online and recurring purchases are allowed on your card. If either of these are blocked Origin will not accept the card.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 4 of 4 (592 Views)