PSN gamertag associated with hacked email account

by PhillipAdamNash

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PSN gamertag associated with hacked email account

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi for some reason, when I sign into my Origin account using my PSN account via the PSN network authentication method, the email address jgdfzgkob with the email domain emlpro.com is associated with my PSN gamertag. My PSN gamertag was previously associated with my PC Origin account but now it isn't. I noticed this issue when I started up Mass Effect Andromeda (see the attached image). I've never heard of the email address and I want this to be changed back to my original account. EA's customer support cannot understand I don't have access to [edit: email address removed] and after Googling the domain elmpro.com, It's been used for spamming purposes.

All I want is for my PSN gamertag to be associated with the right email address.

Message 1 of 12 (2,954 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PSN gamertag associated with hacked email account

Community Manager

Hey @PhillipAdamNash  if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

If you believe that someone has compromised your account then you can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,895 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @PhillipAdamNash  if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

If you believe that someone has compromised your account then you can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,896 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the problem. I own the gamertag but not the email account. Twice now EA's customer serview have replied with a generic email saying they cannot help me. 

It's useless. I also want to sign up to EA access too but I'm automatically being associated with an email account that I do not own. 

Message 3 of 12 (2,886 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PhillipAdamNash you will need to fill out the account recovery form in order to regain access to the account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 12 (2,813 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem, all I want is my ea account linked to the same email on my psn. Ive tried the recovery form and its useless, I posted receipts with transaction IDS and purchase dates for bf5 and that's not enough to prove I own the account!  Did you get anywhere with your problem?

Message 5 of 12 (2,612 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jren1986 if the team have denied your account recovery quest then the best thing to do is to gather as much info as possible and fill the form out again. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 12 (2,593 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko What more can I add? Transaction IDs are not enough so what would be enough?! This is a ballache I just want to play my games... My psn is setup on this new email address, I don't see why it's so hard to recover a hacked account? I have proof of purchase but that's no good!!
Message 7 of 12 (2,581 Views)

Community Manager

As I have stated @Jren1986, the only team who can assist you is our account recovery team.  If the evidence provided is not enough for the team to grant access to the account then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (2,577 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko ok so tell me, if my account was hacked and my email changed... how am I supposed to know the email that it was changed to?? They say purchase and transaction IDs are fine, but the account I registered with isn't the one being used with my PSN...Because it's been hacked. I just want my account back, your account recovery team suggested I just make a new PSN account but don't understand all of my games were purchased on this account!! So how can I check the email associated with my PSN? Surely you guys can check to see it was changed??
Message 9 of 12 (2,489 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jren1986 as I advised before, we are unable to assist with account-related issues on AHQ.

You will need to direct any questions to the account recovery team or our live support team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 12 (2,408 Views)