Re: Origins Keeps Logging Me Out and Losing my Password

by Stewart17704

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origins Keeps Logging Me Out and Losing my Password

★★★★ Novice

It's not the having to log back in that's the problem per se.  It's the fact that Origins never recognizes my password each time.  I get logged off about once a week.  I have a program that automatically remembers passwords and automatically logs me in.  So, it's not that I'm forgetting.  I will try to log back in several times with no luck.  Then I have to do a password reset.  Every...single...time.  I reset my password, have my program remember my password.  

Then it's still not even that.  It's the "I am not a robot" junk.  I have to look at blurry images to show that I'm not some bot.  But, no, I don't have to do it once.  I have to do it three times.  The images are blurry and I fail half the time as my eye sight isn't the best.  I can't do this once a week...it might be more.  I have had to do this about 4 times in the past month.

Is anyone else having this issue and/or knows how to get around this?

I'm using Windows 10.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (1,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are seeing this issue then please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,214 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @Stewart17704, I recommend that you contact EA support to make sure that you account is secure and they can help you out with that. 

How to contact EA help: 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 8 (1,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would, but I guess it's down over there.  It's been loading and loading and loading.

Message 3 of 8 (1,443 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm writing this in case anyone else ever has this problem.  I rarely get to see good results here, so I wanted to provide that.

I finally got into Customer Service here at EA.  They had to help me reset my password and verification question, go into my account services and turn on verification.  Turning on verification using your answer from verification question and they send you a code via email or text.  Once it's all verified, they will give you a list of verification codes for you to copy and save somewhere on your computer.  When you go back to Origins to log on, it will ask you for one of your verification codes.  Customer service indicated that I shouldn't be logged off repeatedly now and I shouldn't be asked another verification code.  I may if I log off, but at least it won't be "Are you a robot" verification, which was terrible.

Message 4 of 8 (1,434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update:

My problem still persists.

Message 5 of 8 (1,277 Views)

★ Novice
Same here. It's been happening every other day for the last 3 to 4 weeks? It's happened every single time while I was playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. I would suddenly get a message that I'm "offline" and told me to turn off the game to be able to log back on. Then when I try to, it says that my password is wrong. Then I check my email and behold, I've gotten an email from EA saying "We reset your password to protect your account." SO. I have to reset my password EVERY SINGLE TIME I'M LOGGED OFF. It also sends me a security code to "remember this computer and device" and it never does remember my computer in the future. I did a quick search and it looks like people have been randomly having this problem since 2013 with no fix. Excellent! LOVE THIS GAME CLIENT. -sarcasm- NOT!
Message 6 of 8 (1,262 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are seeing this issue then please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Been there done that if you read my above post. I already talked to your people and they supposedly helped me, but my problem persists.  It's annoying as eff.  I have to reset my password once a week and I have to verify I'm not a robot by looking at blurry images I can't even see so I end up doing that for about 5 minutes just to prove I'm not a bot.  Though that was also supposed to be changed. It was just supposed to verify a code instead.  Nothing has changed though my settings have.  I'm sick of this.  I don't have to do this with any other gaming platform.

Message 8 of 8 (1,121 Views)