Origin

by Pompochompo

Original Post

Highlighted

Origin

★★ Novice

Hi there,

Due to suspicious activity, my account is suspended. And I am banned from Apex Legends. Since two weeks I have been trying to resolve this issue. Later I figured out that my account was indeed hacked and found notifications from EA in my spam folder.

Now the problem is, EA support keeps sending me the same generic copy-paste answer. Even though, I provide them with screenshots and telling them that there are no call or live chat options, they do not listen to me. Nor do they look at the screenshots I attach.

The help center website isn't working properly neither. I try to write an answer to the ticket, I click on resume, the system forces me to open a ticket. They are telling me to choose "Cant login" option. But the only available option for me is "Banned or suspended account", in which I can choose a contact option. In there, there is only email.

I attached the screenshot.

I am really frustrated. What should I do?

Frown

Kind regards

Message 1 of 7 (513 Views)

Re: Origin

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team for any issues relating to a ToS sanction @Pompochompo. We cannot assist in any way with a ToS sanction on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (504 Views)

★★ Novice

One more quick note on the subject. On their own website (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/)

the following information is to be found:

Can I talk to an Advisor about this?

We're happy to help you with your games and other questions when you call or chat with us. But the team that helps with banned and suspended accounts only works via email. By submitting this webform, your case will be with the team that specifically works on account bans and suspensions.

But the team that helps with banned and suspended accounts only works via email.

And the responses I got from many of their support employees are attached.

Message 3 of 7 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoI am doing exactly what you are telling me to do. I did that 10 times now. The thing is, they want to me to do something, that isn't possible.

Message 4 of 7 (493 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Did you look at the screenshots I provided? From yous colleagues with ToS signature?
Message 5 of 7 (468 Views)

Community Manager

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly @Pompochompo when trying to contact support:

• Click on your product Origin
  • Then select 'PC
  • Manage my Account'
  • Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (441 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I can ensure that, if you check the no-additional-option.jpeg from in first post, you would see that too.

But, I got my problem sorted. I called your UK Support number. Amazing customer service. Amazing. Somehow, your support employees that work through emails doesn't know how to handle such a case, and they do not read or look at the screenshots provided. I was seriously frustrated. I got the same copy-paste answer telling me to do, exactly what you said.

After the phone call, the option was there. For your information @EA_Darko.
Message 7 of 7 (429 Views)