Re: Origin won't open

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Re: Origin won't open

Community Manager

@misterswedish wrote:

im so frustrated I have tried reinstalling, rebooting, etc. Nothing works. Origin opens but does not actually show up on the desktop. Please help

@misterswedish I have moved your post in here. Can you try the workaround that posted above by lawzy279: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-wont-open/m-p/2346125#M47347

@Lawzy279 wrote:

Crazy as it sounds i fixed mine close ya origin then right click on desktop got to resolution

select lowest setting ok and apply it then fire up ya origin repeat the resoultion bit to normal

then got origin back Standard smile

Message 11 of 36 (2,089 Views)

Re: HELP PLEASE!! origin app wont work (macbook pro)

Community Manager

@yonathanz wrote:

Anybody can help me, I bought simcity through macgames app, I installed origin and the app started crashing, now is not working at all, the icon just bounce but the window doesn't pop up, HELP PLEASE!! 

i havent been able to even download the game...

@yonathanz I have also moved your thread into this one. Can you try the workaround that posted above by lawzy279: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-wont-open/m-p/2346125#M47347

@Lawzy279 wrote:

Crazy as it sounds i fixed mine close ya origin then right click on desktop got to resolution

select lowest setting ok and apply it then fire up ya origin repeat the resoultion bit to normal

then got origin back :smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 36 (2,086 Views)

★★ Novice

it didnt work.. :/

Message 13 of 36 (2,076 Views)

Re: Origin wont open

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Lawzy279 wrote:

LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Message 14 of 36 (2,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it drives me nuts. i have to restart my computer to get it to open now. i set it to offline mode and see if that helps it. i miss sims 2 didn't have do deal with this origin crap.

Message 15 of 36 (2,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Lawzy279 wrote:

That worked!!!  I've tried everything on this thread and lowering the resolution, opening origin, and restoring resolution worked.  Please fix this origin.  I dont want to do this every time I want to play bf4.  Aka, your software doesn't open up on certain computer systems at certain resolutions.

Message 16 of 36 (2,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue as well.

I open the program (after most recent update), or a game (like Battlefield). Same thing.

Origin shows up in the taskbar like it's running after five or ten seconds, and sits there. There's nothing on the screen, nothing to click. Nothing happens. It sits there taking 94,000k RAM (I can see it in task manager). Tried changing resolutions.

Reinstalled.

Uninstalled, Rebooted, then installed from scratch.

Killed the task, then started again.

Is this the end for Windows XP or something?

Message 17 of 36 (1,986 Views)

Community Manager

@versanick Heya,

Can you try the following:

1. Locate your Origin installation directory (probably C:\Program Files\Origin).
  2. Run OriginER.exe.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions. 

You will see three screens as shown below. 

1. Provide as much information as possible and include a link to your forum post here.
  2. Click the box to share diagnostic information and click on "Send Report"
  3. The error reporter will show the second screenshot from below and will then show the third screenshot when finished. On the third one mark and choose to copy (or write down) the Error Report ID text string (bolded) and post this here.

With this ID we will be able to take a closer look at what exactly has been going on. Thank you very much for taking a look in advance.

OER_tool.png

Message 18 of 36 (1,974 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You are sou great thank you 

Message 19 of 36 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SCREEN RES WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THX BIG TIME

Message 20 of 36 (1,815 Views)