Origin wont load all the way

by frenchiex0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin wont load all the way

★★ Novice

So I've tried clearing my cache like 5 times. I've followed step by step and reread each step multiple times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice. It lets me log in but won't load all the way. My wifi let's me get on everything else and is running fine. I'm so frustrated. Its been two days already and I just bought an expansion pack for my game and can't even download it to play. Is there anything else other than clearing cache and redownloading once again. Apparently those won't work for me.  Picture is attached of what it's doing.  

Message 1 of 3 (326 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin wont load all the way

Community Manager

@nabsygrabsy @frenchiex0 

Rather than turning off Windows Firewall, If you’re on PC, make sure you’re running Origin as an administrator and that you’ve added both Origin.exe and OriginClientService.exe to your anti-virus and firewall whitelists.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (264 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

exact same issue started for me with the most recent update of Windows 10.

I took a risk and turned Windows Firewall off completely, and that made it work. I don't recommend leaving Win Firewall off, though.

what I need is help figuring out what firewall settings to tweak.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Message 2 of 3 (299 Views)

Community Manager

@nabsygrabsy @frenchiex0 

Rather than turning off Windows Firewall, If you’re on PC, make sure you’re running Origin as an administrator and that you’ve added both Origin.exe and OriginClientService.exe to your anti-virus and firewall whitelists.

barry.png
Message 3 of 3 (265 Views)