Origin wont launch, I think we should get together and sue ea for failure to fulfill its contract

by ceejay1690

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin wont launch, I think we should get together and sue ea for failure to fulfill its contract

★ Novice

Origin ( ea ) has an obligation to its customers to deliver 100% satisfaction whenever possible, its clear that origins latest upgrade has stopped us, its customers from accessing the games that they paid for, hard earned cash paid for their branded games only for their latest upgrade to stop access, what is ea doing about this ? Nothing , its time we took a stand .

Message 1 of 7 (1,115 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin wont launch, I think we should get together and sue ea for failure to fulfill its contrac

EA Staff
Message 2 of 7 (1,186 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin wont launch, I think we should get together and sue ea for failure to fulfill its contrac

EA Staff

Have you tried the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-won-t-open/m-p/2339015#M47010?

Message 2 of 7 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Step one worked, drop screen res down... Read it...

Message 3 of 7 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, spend hours on trying to get it to work trying all the solutions to no avail. After reinstalling my whole computer just to make sure I get exactly the same no-show Origin, all there is installed is Java, Flash, Google Chrome (for battlelog) and origin and still it will not launch. Very poorly tested this so called update.

And this is not the first time many of us have been denied the thing we paid for due to various reasons like:

- Failure to deliver ready to play product on release date

- Servers constantly failing so nobody can play (Sim City)

- Battlelog being incompatible with much other soft- and hardware on launch disabling the use of ALL multiplayer

- Very poorly executed mandatory DRM

- EA store not working half of the time, especially when there is a sale on it will spew errors in your face so you can't get the discount they 'offer'

- Disconnect from EA Online errors ruining gameplay

- So many poorly working game 'tools' to run one game and they can't even keep punkbuster updated

I could go on until I hit the character limit but I think you get it. If this lawsuit gets of the ground count me in. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,098 Views)

Re: Origin wont launch, I think we should get together and sue ea for failure to

★★★★ Novice

I AGREE I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ORIGIN WON'T LAUNCH AND SIMS 4 DIGITAL DELUXE WON'T LAUNCH EITHER I HAVE TALKED TO EA HELP SO MUCH YOU WOULD THINK THEY ARE MY FAMILY . ORIGIN SUCKS ,EA GAMES SUCKS. I HAVE PLAYED SIMS 1 AND 2 WITH ALL THE EXPANSION ,BACK WHEN THE GAMES WERE ON DISKS. I NEVER HAD AS MANY PROBLEMS AS I HAVE HAD WITH EA GAMES .ORIGIN IS A MICRO-MANAGEMENT TOOL USED TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR GAME. I SAY I PAID FOR IT AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY MY GAME THE WAY I WANT TO, THE UPDATES ARE AN EXCUSE TO LOAD THE SPYWARE INTO THE GAME AND IF YOU DO THE UPDATE ORIGIN TURNS OFF YOUR MODS SO WHEN YOU ADD YOUR MODS THE GAME WON'T PLAY. EA GAMES DOES NOT CARE,  I JUST GOT THROUGH TALKING TO TECH SUPPORT AGAIN AND NO SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM HE SAID HE HAD TO TAKE MY CASE TO THE UPPER  LEVEL OF TECH SUPPORT. I ASKED IF I COULD SPEAK TO THEM ,I WAS TOLD THEY ONLY RESPOND WITH EMAILS. YES I SAY PUT ME ON THE LIST FOR A CLASS ACTION  LAWSUIT AGAINST EA GAMES

Message 5 of 7 (969 Views)

Re: Origin wont launch, I think we should get together and sue ea for failure to

★★ Novice

Yeah, I talked to them like 2-3h and they cna't help me, I threw 10$ in the wind.

Message 6 of 7 (706 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Xx_PurpyNinja_xX I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (688 Views)