Origin wont install properly on Windows 8.1

by MKL2016

Original Post

Origin wont install properly on Windows 8.1

★★★ Newbie

I need help!

I had Origin on my computer for a long time under my boyfriends account and it worked just fine. He stopped using it and I decided to sign up for Origin Access. So I made an account and paid the $30 then went to log in to Origin on my computer and it would not open saying:

Capture.PNG 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin I don't know how many times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled VC++ I don't know how many times. I have tried doing a clean boot and Windows is up to date. Every single time I end up with the same message. I know my computer itself has the specs to run Origin.

I don't know what else to do!!!!! I have been fighting this for almost 2 months. Please help because I am about to give up on Origin all together.

Message 1 of 6 (593 Views)

Re: Origin wont install properly on Windows 8.1

Community Manager

@MKL2016 Thanks for the post. Can I check if you've tried the admin mode repair mentioned be Tom here?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll/td-p/6238030

If this has no effect, can you try running Windows Update again, to double check that there aren't any remaining updates. 

If there aren't, can you try the system file checker? This will help to find if there are any problems with the files themselves. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done all of that and none of it fixed the problem.

Message 3 of 6 (537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I'm still having an issue can someone help me? It says "The program cant start because  MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer, try reinstalling" I have reinstalled about 30times. And I've also reformatted the computer which is a hp 2000.

Message 4 of 6 (461 Views)

@lollpop22222  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (455 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all, I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (433 Views)