Re: Origin won't open mac

by w0lfgrrl

Original Post

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem! My only change is I haven't downloaded any new updates... I was able to play yesterday, and I haven't downloaded any custom content between yesterday and today. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting my Mac, and resetting the origin app. Help?!!??

Message 11 of 15 (1,104 Views)

★★ Novice

UPDATED: Found a solution!!! If you are having a similar problem try restarting your mac into SAFE MODE. (to do that just click "restart" on your apple menu and hold shift until the login window appears.) If the game launches properly in safe mode, then restart your mac normally to exit safe mode. This should solve it, if it doesn't, then I'm very sorry. Try other options that others have found!!! 

Message 12 of 15 (1,099 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thank you for sharing your solution!  I tried everything I could find that EA recommended, and Safe Mode was the only thing that worked.

Message 13 of 15 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Hello! I had the exact same problem as you and I fixed this problem by deleting origin from my Mac and emptying it from the trash then I downloaded it again put it It in my applications account ( as usual) and it worked! Hopefully this helps 
Message 14 of 15 (967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On your Mac, if you go to System Preferences and open Security and Privacy. Go to General and at the bottom it says allow apps downloaded from: it will give you an option for allowing origin to continue. Happy Simming  

Message 15 of 15 (736 Views)