Re: Origin won't open/launch at all

by RavenAngel888

Original Post

Origin won't open/launch at all

★★ Novice

my origin wont open AT ALL, i've tried the clean boot or whatever, i've tried uninstalling, restarting my laptop, deleting originthinsetup, running origin as an administrator, ive tried pretty much everything, i haven't been able to open it before, it has ever opened up for me and i've been trying to fix this for days. 

Message 1 of 6 (542 Views)

Hero

@Teagontro try create a new OS user with Admin rights, logout from current, login into new and check. If it not help give to us some logs:

Please, attach report (txt file) of Dxdiag and MSInfo to a next your message.

In command prompt running with Admin rights enter a commands then attach to a message list.txt file from root folder of С:\ drive
(set & tasklist /v)>C:\list.txt

Message 2 of 6 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

this origin app is a complete joke.

so cumbersome, do they realise they are losing customers.

if you read the forums and goolge they have had the same problems for over 3 years.

IMAGINE WHAT THEIR SERVERS ARE LIKE IF THEY CANT SORT OUT THE APP

Message 3 of 6 (483 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm having a similar issue. After one of the updates (think it was the one before this latest one, but could be the one before that) Origin will only ever open if I'm online. I have to go online for those brief moments of login and then it works as normal when I end my WiFi. This is damn annoying. I end up with this permanent "Connecting to Origin" banner in the middle of my screen... And it never bloody connects.
Message 4 of 6 (474 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Now, I've been stuck trying to reinstall in for 3 days. I've tried multiple times, rebooting my computer and my router. The loading bar on the origin app makes it more frustrating--it's moving, but is it doing anything? A regular progress bar would be better--at least then I could see if it's going to take another 3 hours or I should give up now. Again. 

I'm so irritated-- this is the only way I can play my Sims and of course it happens when I finally get a hankering after a months-long hiatus! I have very little love for Origin.

Message 5 of 6 (464 Views)

★★ Novice
Update: yeah, I still haven’t gotten it to work, I have spent a lot of money on this app buying all the recent battlefields, sims, and a bunch of other games, and I still can’t access any of them, this sucks.
Message 6 of 6 (405 Views)