Re: Origin won't let me change my email

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Origin won't let me change my email

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I no longer want this comment to be visible.

Message 1 of 10 (14,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

You are going to need to contact support directly if you want this sorted out. There is nothing anyone here on a public forum can do to help fix this for you.

Here's how to reach a game advisor:

1. Click the link http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and log in with your Origin name and password.

2. Where it says: ’What Can We Help you With’, type in ‘Origin’ 

3. Click Find Solutions

4.  Select "Account Management" from the drop-down list and also select your platform from the list.

5.  Click: Find Solutions

6.  Scroll down a little and on the lower right hand side, Click "I Still need Help" 

The Window Will Open... 
You’ll now see the available contact options, depending on your geographical location and the time of day. Phone or Live Chat are the best options. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 10 (14,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haet EA to be honest never works but anyways i try this but it never saves teh E-mail when i want to change it, it doesnt say invalid i typeit, click save and then it never actually does plz help i already hate EA enought my tolerance level is low for stupid errors

Message 3 of 10 (13,690 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having trouble to but of course EA is here to save the day with their contact bs.

Message 4 of 10 (12,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How can something SO simple end up becoming SO complicated??? What an absolute mess. Just amazes me at how creative EA/Origin is at turning small simple problems into epic hour/day long ordeals. You guys really need to start doing better with the basics or someone else is going to come along with an alternative and it wont take long at that point for people to just utterly abandon EA/Origin. I think EA just needs to smell the roses, wave the white flag and dump Origin. - I know personally 3 or 4 people who wont TOUCH Battlefield again unless its released on Steam. Those guys are the smart ones I think.

- I live in Australia and it wont actually allow me to put in a Phone number and apparently no one is available to chat.

Absolute Joke... Criminal even.

Message 5 of 10 (11,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried having origin call me about the problem. No call back for almost 10 minutes now.  I try their chat function and it opens to a blank window.  How come I can't call or email Origin?  Why do I have to wait for them to contact me?  Seems to be a very bad model for customer service unless the goal isn't really customer service but to create the illusion of customer service.

Message 6 of 10 (7,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree, having the same issue want to change a bigpond to a gmail contact email and same message is coming up.

Message 7 of 10 (5,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I filled out information n they tell me they can't fix my email issue.iv had a pen since ps3 n a electronic Origins account since 2014 they tell me that they cannot unlink it to an account that I use daily. Yes Electronics Arts is a joke there forms that you go to submit is a joke if you don't have anything to put in a spot putting none none and they will let you submit it. But still it did not help me I'm going to call PlayStation Network to see if they can do anything for me cuz it's on my gamertag.
Message 8 of 10 (3,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same on xbox. I can partially "log in" to ea Help via xbox, but since it's attached to an email I can't access, i can't sign all the way in to change the email or password. I've uploaded countless images of achievements like they want; nothing. They say they've sent me a console message with a verification code, but I haven't gotten it. It's been weeks. 

I'm "signed in" via xbox login now even..little good it does. I can post as me, but they don't believe it enough to let me correct my 10 year old email I don't have anymore. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,575 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @seven58o if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,518 Views)