Re: Origin won’t launch

by michelledawkins1

Original Post

Origin won’t launch

★ Novice

I downloaded origin but it won’t open. What is blocking it on my computer so I can download and play my game. I’m so frustrated!

Message 1 of 7 (700 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @michelledawkins1. Can I ask you to check it Origin is running in the background and if so would you mind taking a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

• In task manager end "Origin", "OriginWebHelperservice" and "OriginThinSetupInternal"
  • Open you Origin install folder
  • Delete the file "OriginThinSetupInternal'
  • Right click on Origin and then select "Troubleshoot compatibility"
  • Click "Try recommended settings" and then"Test the program"
  • Save the settings in the compatibility troubleshooter.
  • Origin will prompt you that you are using a compatibility setting. Click continue.
  • Once done launch Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (636 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

now My computer says it doesnt have any space to download and I have deleted everything off of it and still no space. I don’t know what else to delete.

Message 3 of 7 (624 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to see that the issues continue @michelledawkins1.

Can I ask you to check the folder you are installing Origin too, to see just how much free space you have there?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (595 Views)

★ Novice

In OS it says I have 231 mb free of 27.3gb 

i have absolutely nothing left on my computer so I have no idea what’s taking up space on my computer

when I tried to download origin it would download to my downloads folder under “this pc”

Message 5 of 7 (573 Views)

Community Manager

Do you only have 27.3GB of space in total on your system @michelledawkins1?

If so then you are not going to be able to download any games as Windows alone will use up to 20GB of your space.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (553 Views)

★ Novice

That’s what it says. It’s a smaller laptop so I guess that’s why it has less space. 

Message 7 of 7 (535 Views)