Origin won't install!

by LausCassidy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Yesterday, I tried to go onto Origin and when I double-clicked the shortcut icon on my desktop it said I don't have permission to run this program. I tried to run as administrator, but the same thing showed up and asked me if I'd like to remove the shortcut from my desktop. I clicked Yes and it removed the shortcut. 

From here, I decided to uninstall Origin completely. However, when I went to uninstall programs in Control Panel, it said that the program had already been uninstalled and that it would remove the files from my PC. I exited that message and it removed.

This confused me, because I literally played Sims 4 last week and haven't opened Origin since then, so I don't understand how it could have uninstalled?

I came online to re-download Origin and it gets to the point where its downloading new Origin updates when it stops and shows this message (See Attached Image).

I looked into my Program Files (x86) and the Origin documents are still there and restarted my computer to see if they would erase. They haven't. (See Attached Image).

I went to the help link that the previous message provided and got no answers from it.

Could someone please help me figure out what has gone wrong?

I'm dying to buy the new Sims 4 Stuff Pack, but this just keeps happening.

My PC is a HP Envy.

Intel Core i7 Processor.

Windows 8.1

64-bit Operating System

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Message 1 of 6 (2,931 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't install!

EA DICE Team

If you are still struggling then be sure to do a manual uninstall of Origin:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,664 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@LausCassidy Hi, thanks for the post. I see Origin Games in the provided picture, you can ignore that. The games folder persists through reinstalls, so that being still present isn't an issue. 

If you go back to Control Panel > Programs & Features is Origin still present now/after the earlier restart? If so, do you get the same error if you try to remove it again?

If you check the Properties of the Origin folder now, what size it is?

I don't think it's a factor, but I'd try running a malware scan, just to be on the safe side. 

It sounds like your install is damaged,and won't uninstall correctly, but I'd like to check for a bit more info. 

Thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, thanks for getting back to me and I apologise for the late reply, Christmas has been crazy!

Origin is no longer present on Programs & Features.

I've attached an image of the Origin Folder's properties.

I ran a malware scan and it said that no damaged or malicious softwares had been found.

What steps do I take from here?

Message 3 of 6 (2,881 Views)

EA DICE Team

If you are still struggling then be sure to do a manual uninstall of Origin:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Message 4 of 6 (3,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue and i don't know what to do. I have wasted about 4 hours uninstalling and reinstalling origin. I would really appreciate some help. Error code 0.9 persists.

Message 5 of 6 (1,762 Views)

★★ Novice
@Angelopia31 uh yea hi its 2019 and im having the same issue, have you gotten to fix it? Would you mind helping?
Message 6 of 6 (800 Views)