Origin won't install my games

by martinkovarik

Original Post

Origin won't install my games

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I'm having this problem. Whenever I want to download a game, it finishes the downloading but does not install itself. I click (orange rectangle) Install and the game installs but then it just stops, no error or so, but it never installs anything because there is no Play button but Install Install always Install. I can't play any game. Do you know what to do? Now I want to install FIFA 15. It has this function that you can already play when 28% is downloaded. 28% succesfully downloaded, but the same problem. All I can do is install it all over again, I can't even download the remaining 72%...... Any ideas?

EDIT: I tried to disable UAC but that didn't help. Also, whenever I 'Install' the game it says Installation complete but I can never play the game, I can just install again....

Message 1 of 16 (5,102 Views)

Re: Origin won't install my games

@martinkovarik

Try to run Origin as an Admin. (Right click on the Origin Exe or shortcut > run as Administrator.)

If that not helps, is there enough free space on your C: drive and/or in case you downloaded the games to another drive, on this drive?

What OS are you running?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 16 (5,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I normally make it a point to wait until a game is completely installed to play. Before running Origin as admin as @holger1405 has suggested, stop the download (even if you need to control, alt, delete to being up the task manager.) Then run Origin as admin and then sign out and back into Origin. Next, try to download the game again. 

Message 3 of 16 (5,084 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello.

Close and uninstall Origin

Run command line as Admin and enter a command:

sfc /scannow

Than, if nothing helped, try use my script for clean of Origin data and reinstall it. Download it, delete .txt in name and run it as Admin.

Message 4 of 16 (5,075 Views)

★★ Novice

@holger1405 wrote:

@martinkovarik

Try to run Origin as an Admin. (Right click on the Origin Exe or shortcut > run as Administrator.)

If that not helps, is there enough free space on your C: drive and/or in case you downloaded the games to another drive, on this drive?

What OS are you running?

Thank you but I already tried running as Admin, did not help. There is enough space un my C drive and I'm running Win 7 Professional 64 bit. I also tried reeinstalling my whole PC in case something was wrong on C drive but nothing seems to be the solution

Message 5 of 16 (5,066 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, nothing. I went to Origin Games foder and the game (FIFA15) seems to be installed properly. There are all folders that should be there, Installer, Core, data, dlc, fifasetup and many files...... I tried to launch fifa15.exe but Origin says I have to install the game first before running it.

Message 6 of 16 (5,064 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 7 of 16 (5,053 Views)

Community Manager

@martinkovarik Hi,

Are you running any antivirus, firewall or internet security software? From your description it sounds as if the files are all being correctly installed, but registry entries might not be.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 16 (5,032 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Nils wrote:

@martinkovarik Hi,

Are you running any antivirus, firewall or internet security software? From your description it sounds as if the files are all being correctly installed, but registry entries might not be.

Cheers,

Nils

I have no software like this. The game downloading process is okay but the installation just can't be performed. What should I do?

Message 9 of 16 (5,023 Views)

Community Manager

@martinkovarik  Hi, 

You mentioned that you were already looking at the settings, but just to make sure please check that UAC is enabled again and set to notify.

Next, to go the folder of the game you are trying to install and then the __Installer subfolder, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer

Now find the InstallLog.txt file and attach it to your next reply here. It will be just above the "submit" button.

upload_file.PNG

Cheers,

Nils

Message 10 of 16 (5,007 Views)