Re: Origin won't install my games

by martinkovarik

Original Post

Unable to install a game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I tried to download FIFA 15 on my PC but that didn't work. This game has a feature that you can already play at 28% downloaded and thats the percentage where my game completely stops downloading and 'starts' installing but the instalation fails from some reason, but no error pops up. I can press Install how many times I want but the game just won't install. I tried this on a different computer on the same Wi-Fi, same result. Then I asked my friend to try to download FIFA from my account (different PC, different Wi-Fi) and it worked fine for him. 100% downloaded, totally playable. My question is. Is there something wrong with my Wi-Fi? But that wouldn't make any sense, downloading process requires Wi-Fi, not installation, and downloading works fine.... I contacted EA Support like five times, they gave me 'support' but not a solution at all. I tried to re install my PC, re install Origin, FIFA 15, clean boot, flush DNS cache, delete Origin cache, CCleaner, etc.... Btw, I am able to install whichever game I like except those I have on my Origin account. Any ideas? Thank you!

Message 11 of 16 (798 Views)

Re: Unable to install a game

Community Manager

@martinkovarik Hi, 

I saw that you created a new thread and merged it with your existing one. Please check out my reply here for the latest suggestions on how to proceed: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-won-t-install-my-games/m-p/5451095/highlight/true#M211352

Cheers,

Nils

Message 12 of 16 (778 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Nils

Here is the file you requested, UAC set to notify.

Message 13 of 16 (768 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue with Windows 10 Pro.

PC is new:

i7 6700k

Asus maximus viii formula

EVGA 1070 sc

16gb corsair dom plat ddr4 3000

1tb ssd

Every single piece of software works except for anything I attempt to install through Origin.  After downloading the game(s) the progress bar shows as 100% installed but when I click play I get an error telling me that the game needs to finish downloading.  I've tried different drivers, uninstalling the games and origin, and reformatting.  Really sucks to build a new PC and have Steam and Battle.net working but the games that I currently want to try/play on Origin just wont work.

I've attached my installLog.txt file from Fifa 15 as well as SW:BF (which I was able to get working after hitting repair a dozen times and downloading the whole thing 5 times).

Message 14 of 16 (756 Views)

Community Manager

@martinkovarik Hi,

17:54:42  ERROR: Executing Windows API IGameExplorer2::InstallGame failed (80070005)

So I checked your log and this still looks like an issue with your operating system not correctly passing on the required permissions to install the file. You may have success following the advice in this article from Microsoft on how to repair permission issues: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003

Let me know how you get on then.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 15 of 16 (742 Views)

Community Manager

@JeffThePanda Hi,

So for Battlefront:

02:00:59  Alternate GDF game name STAR WARS Battlefront 
02:00:59  GameExplorerInstall returns 80010106 
02:00:59  ERROR: Failed to install 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\__Installer\GDFBinary_en_US.dll' for install path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\'

You first see the above in your logs, indicating that there is an issue. Later in the logs, we can see a successful installation however:

04:37:53  Installing C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\__Installer\GDFBinary_en_US.dll ... 
04:37:54  Alternate GDF game name STAR WARS Battlefront 
04:37:54  IGameExplorer2 for windows 7
04:37:54  GameExplorerInstall returns 0 
04:37:54  Successfully installed 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\__Installer\GDFBinary_en_US.dll'.
04:37:54  Successfully installed GDF

The same holds true when you check the FIFA 15 installation. Yet the game is still giving you issues, can you try looking at your reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to Origin and your game. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 16 of 16 (739 Views)