Origin won't install mirrors edge

by Duckers_McQuack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install mirrors edge

★ Apprentice

I click install on mirrors edge, and it goes into "installing" state, and 2 seconds after, it's back to the install button?

the game is already in the origin games folder as i have origin's games on it's own hdd and origin just won't discover existing files..

Message 1 of 6 (3,624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't install mirrors edge

★ Apprentice

I discovered the solution:

Origin here was installed on a hdd dedicated to all "nonsteam" aka origin, uplay mmo's and whatnot, and apparently something was bugged with that, so i installed origin to the C-drive, the new origin then used the same configs as the one on the second hdd, but still the same problem. So i removed origin (not the games but origin only) from that hdd, and then i was able to install mirrors edge.

So please take this to the software patchers to let some of us have the client installed with the games on it's own hdd and not only the C drive.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,919 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Please look at the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/article/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/ to see if that helps. Are you running Origin as administrator? Double check that you have the correct install location and that your hhd has enough room to install. The install is usually a little bigger of a download, and if you're close to your space limit on the hhd, that may be the reason it won't install. Post back if what I linked is not helpful. 

Message 2 of 6 (3,604 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Duckers_McQuack

If the article linked by @Indys2nd does not help you then I would recommend to clear the Origin Cache. Afterwards, make sure to always run Origin as administrator.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Message 3 of 6 (3,589 Views)

★ Apprentice

I discovered the solution:

Origin here was installed on a hdd dedicated to all "nonsteam" aka origin, uplay mmo's and whatnot, and apparently something was bugged with that, so i installed origin to the C-drive, the new origin then used the same configs as the one on the second hdd, but still the same problem. So i removed origin (not the games but origin only) from that hdd, and then i was able to install mirrors edge.

So please take this to the software patchers to let some of us have the client installed with the games on it's own hdd and not only the C drive.

Message 4 of 6 (3,920 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Duckers_McQuack

Thank you for confirming that your issue is resolved. I will forward your feedback about the Origin installation and drive requirements as I definitely understand that this can be confusing for users.

Have a nice evening,

Message 5 of 6 (3,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently got a new HDD just for all my games but after moving them all to the new 4TB HDD add had this same issues with ME & MOH.  I tried all these solutions but none of them worked for me.  I finally found that after I uninstalled ME, which I had to do from the game folder [ X:\...Mirrors Edge\_Installer\DISK1\EAsetup.exe ] ...Then I could Install ME again via the Origin App.   Also had to do the same thing for Medal Of Honor.  

Message 6 of 6 (2,331 Views)