Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Origin won't install - even tho I've played it

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin won't install - even tho I've played it

★★★ Novice

After another upgrade to Origin control panel, it shows Crysis 2 Play, and Crysis 3 Install.

Report ID: 0a09ebe67001bb02  <-- could zero's - could be letter O

Origin Panel shows:

Crysis 2 played 1 hour - Play

Crysis 3 played 22 hours. Install

[[sidebar]]

Can't argue with Install because even if I run C3 right out of it's bin32 folder, it says it needs to be installed - this where the game IS installed! So, I clicked install. It showed a 14.x Gig dload, that came in and installed all in about 3 minutes - no way it dl'd 14G that fast let alone install 14g that fast. When it was done installing, I checked - I reloaded Origin, C3 shows 222 hours played - Install (not Play). One install should be enough. And, it's not showing in the Programs/Features/Cpanel.

[[/sidebar]]

I only played C2 for an hour because it was advertised as the maximum edition but what I got was the lite version (aka beta). I was refunded for that.

Note - I didn't have a choice, it was upgrade Origin or Close.

I would like to be able to play the game again - I would like to take the issue to a tech so they can tap, click  whatever, to fix it.  But they are hard to find.

Ironic - the 'fixes' in the last upgrade seem to tell me that I can play the game I got a refund for, but not the game I paid for - was it something I said? Standard smile

i

Message 1 of 6 (186 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

@IkoIko Hi again,

Can you post a DxDiag of your system? Instructions are available below:

Spoiler
1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

This way we can have a look at your graphic card drivers to see why it is still stating that you need a DX 11 GPU while you have one.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (149 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@IkoIko Hi,

First things first, let's make sure that Origin itself is working fine.

Please download the latest Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards so we can then look at your Crysis games.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 6 (181 Views)
Highlighted

CAN'T INSTALL GAMES

★★★ Novice

First, this has to be the most convoluted and confusing "forum" setup anywhere.  I posed a question and there was a response, somewhere, but I've not the hours to try and find it.

PROBLEM:

1. Bought the Crysis 3 DVDs and Crysis 2 Dvds
  2. Both have been installed for a year.
  3. Bought C2 - Maximum Edition recently. It took 3 minutes to download and install. Right!. When I checked, it did nothing except add some junk to Origin. No DL, no Install, so I forced a refund which I got.
  4. Played the game C3 (Origin says for 222 hours)
  5. Origin shows I played them both on may 8 2016. Poppy-*. It won't play!  If I mouse-over the C3 game icon, it shows "Download"
  6. I bought the C2
  7. Went to play it again, and cautiously and with a prayer that Origin wouldn't update again, I to open Origin and it updated again. Darn!
  8. Origin now says "Download", not Play.
    Same thing, after restart and all, it says download. When I did click Download, all it did was said it was installing, and in 10 - 15 seconds, it's done. Then, it updated Origin - again. There is no game installed - just Origin. Now, I know how important it nis to EA to use Origin to pr4e3vent theft, and to keep tabs on us, but shouldn't some effort be made to take care of customers who pay, not steal?
  9. I UNinstalled everything, Uninstalled Origin, UNinstalled Crysis 3, the one that Origin says isn't there, and rebooted.
  10. I started the auto-play (installer) from the C3 DVD again, and it did the exact same thing. It installed Origin, updated Origin and did nothing to install the game.

I tried another route by again, uninstalling everything EA, Origin, and Crysis. Rebooted and tried by setting up a new account at Origin, got almost at the end and alarms go off that the key was in use already.  Duh!. Key may be in use, but is use less.

EA has obviously received note of the refund and closed the wrong game. I have the regular Crysis 2, the "Maximum Edition" was a maximum rip-off and got my money back. But it shows as playable where it's C3 that should be the one that is playable, not the refunded one! 

You game makers put all the honest people that buy your products through such torture and grief while you fight piracy but we are the ones that are being punished.

Please - enough of the generic cut & paste FAQs and Forum clips that don't even go near the issue. Please - please - please fix this so I can get back to my (your) games

Chat doesn't work either. Does anything, except Origin update work?

Message 3 of 6 (178 Views)
Highlighted

Re: CAN'T INSTALL GAMES

Community Manager

@IkoIko Hey,

It look as if you hadn't found the thread you had posted earlier with my reply here, so we merged the threads together, hoping that you will find them again when you receive an email notification from my new reply: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-won-t-install-even-tho-I-ve-played-it/m-p/5323915/highlight/t...

Once you have gone through these steps let me know whether Origin and updates work again, we can then go and tackle the game.

Please note that you can always find your own threads if you hover over your user name and select "View Profile" and then look on the right hand side. It will show a feed with all your replies.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 6 (159 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Grant,

1. Keep i9n mind that I had been playing the game, without problems UNTIL the Origin interface updated - again. 244 hours of game play.
  2. I followed your instructions, and finally, Crysis 3 installed BUT
  3. Now when I try to play it again, it states I need Dx11 GPU. I DO have one.

4. It worked fine until the Origin upgrade, and/or EA accounts changed as advertised in emails.

Is there a way I can run the game without Origin messing things up? i.e. I just want to play the game, without being monitored by Origin interface.  It has always been the bane of playing any EA game.

Keep in mind, these are store-bought DVDs, both had been installed with the Origin monitor, and both worked. Now it's telling me things it really doesn't have any clue about..

I've wasted my money didn't I?

jym

Message 5 of 6 (143 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@IkoIko Hi again,

Can you post a DxDiag of your system? Instructions are available below:

Spoiler
1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

This way we can have a look at your graphic card drivers to see why it is still stating that you need a DX 11 GPU while you have one.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 6 (150 Views)
Twitter Stream