Re: Origin won't download and install in Windows 10..?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Origin won't download and install in Windows 10..?

★★ Novice

I have tried also everything I could find on the threads and so far nothing had helped my issue. Whenever I try to re download it or install it, it says C:/WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the orginal installation media or contact your system admin or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f. Can someone please help..?

Message 1 of 6 (14,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginThinSetup.exe

works here ok. on win 10 64bit system\ have you got the windows administrators account on too.and why are you getting that error. 0xc000012f is a bad image file

if the above didn't help try this

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-error-status-...

Message 2 of 6 (14,223 Views)

@Lunavonstar

Sounds like a directx error to me. Do a dxdiag to confirm. You can paste it into a textfile and post it here.

Message 3 of 6 (14,217 Views)

EA DICE Team
Message 4 of 6 (14,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a notification that says "HOLD UP! AN UPDATE IS REQUIRED. The version of Origin you are using is no longer supported. Please update your operating systems to Windows 7, macOS 10.9 or newer in order to continue playing the games in your library." I bought this Laptop with Windows 10 installed before I got it. I have read up on the "Learn More" thing. Nothing helps. I can't understand it. I'm no computer whiz, all I wanna do is play the sims 4 and move on with my life. I need answers. 

Message 5 of 6 (8,764 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jenna2143 I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

Please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (8,724 Views)