Re: Origin won't Open (installed, deleted and reinstalled)

by jpegJustice

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't Open (installed, deleted and reinstalled)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello! Recently I bought Mass Effect 3 and downloaded Origin so that I could play it. However, it only updates (each is about 20 minutes long), and after the update finishes (or doesn't start), either nothing happens or I get an error message (telling me: Your update could not be completed. Please download an install the latest version of Origin from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe). These updates occur every time I login to my computer account and every time I attempt to launch Origin. I have already reinstalled multiple times and I have searched up my problem on many forums but I have yet to find a solution. My computer is a Samsung Microsoft computer with Windows 10. I know Windows 10 can interfere with it, but it was usually with people who already had Origin before Windows 10 so the solutions for that don't really seem like the problem.

Any help is gladly appreciated, thank you! And I'm not too great with fancy tech stuff (I'm okay with it) so walkthroughs would really help. Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (600 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jpegJustice

Take your system to a clean boot (Directions Link

See if it updates ok during a clean boot, to return to normal boot is mentioned in the directions

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (567 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@jpegJustice Hey, thanks for the detailed post. Can you try manually uninstalling Origin then try a fresh install: https://help.ea.com/nz/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Be sure to set User Account Control to always notify when you're re-installing, perhaps it'll help. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the quick response David! I have just changed my notifications for the User Account Control and manually uninstalled all of the Origin stuff. Since I'm not very great with tech stuff (as stated before), I might've messed it up, but you gave me some really good walkthroughs so I'm thinking my new installation should work! My internet is very slow, but when my Origin is done downloading I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again for everything! Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David

Hey again! My Origin finished installation, so I tried to launch it. Sadly, it just gives me the updates again (now 2-3 hours ETA), and 10-20 minutes into the updates, I get the same error message as before. Any other tips? < : )

Message 4 of 7 (543 Views)

@jpegJustice

Take your system to a clean boot (Directions Link

See if it updates ok during a clean boot, to return to normal boot is mentioned in the directions

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 7 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the answer! Just a question about it, in the Startup tab, should I just disable Origin or all of the stuff there? Thanks Standard smile

Edit: I realized that was a pretty stupid question so I just disabled Origin and restarted. I'll tell you if it works Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! My Origin works now, thank you so much! Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (486 Views)