Re: Origin window too large for my screen (Mac)

by meghanjosephine

Original Post

@meghanjosephine

So clicking and dragging down doesn't work? That's really strange and would indicate an OS issue. Does it work ok with all other apps? Have you installed anything like screenshot or video software recently that may be interfering?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 28 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Clicking and dragging down doesn't work no.

I haven't downloaded anything else recently and every other app works completely normally.

Message 12 of 28 (1,397 Views)

@meghanjosephine

How about running the reset tool, trashing the Origin app from your applications folder then re-downloading and installing it? All traces of Origin will then be wiped from your Mac so the install will be completely new.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 13 of 28 (1,393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I already uninstalled the entire program and then reinstalled it and nothing changed.

Message 14 of 28 (1,391 Views)

@meghanjosephine

But how did you uninstall? You must run the reset tool first (or manually get rid of all hidden files), then trash the App before re-downloading and installing. Just trashing the App doesn’t get rid of the Library files, that’s what the reset tool does Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 15 of 28 (1,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I uninstalled it the way the EA technical support person told me to, the long way, which is supposed to get rid of bugs etc, where you have to delete a bunch of folders etc and then reinstall the program... is that not the same?

@Bluebellflora
Message 16 of 28 (1,365 Views)

@meghanjosephine

So long as it got rid of everything it’s fine but just leaving one file behind can screw up a reinstallation. The best way is to use the reset tool as it gets rid of everything, then trash the app.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 28 (1,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@meghanjosephine I am having the exact same issue you are! Nothing seems to work and I almost couldn't buy something because the buy button was hidden behind my doc(i was able to after moving the screen so the button showed up in the very corner of my mac screen but still!). 

Message 18 of 28 (1,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Kenna-Joye , @meghanjosephine

1).Try these steps;

Perform a Safe Boot on your MAC https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Now  I'll give you some key combinations for Macs that change the size of text, images and videos (zoom) :

a. press on  and  +    (increase all content)

b. press on    and -   ( decreases all content)

c. press on    ⌘ + Ctrl + f  (uses full screen mode)

2). And if your issue persists :

Try this steps :

Opening apps in Low Resolution mode

1. quit the app if it's open.
  2. in the Finder, choose Applications from the Go menu.
  3. in the Applications folder that opens, click the app's icon so it's highlighted.
  4. choose Get Info from the File menu.
  5. place a checkmark next to "Open in Low Resolution"
    Open in Low Resolution
  6. cclose the window and open the app again.
NOTE If an app already has Low Resolution mode enable:

-some apps that work best in Low Resolution mode or only run in Low Resolution mode will have this option checked.You can try changing this setting by removing the checkmark in the Get Info window for the app.

-you can see more resolution options for your external display by holding do

3.) If your issue persists this is because they essentially have the Windows PC you remote into, set in 'kiosk' mode.

This is to prevent you from getting into the system level and restricts you to Origin.

I think you need to restart the service if the window gets stuck behind the app. (once a game is running in Windowed mode if you click the Origin accidently, it puts the game behind and it with no way of getting back to it .If It happens, just have to close GeForce Now and start a new session.) 

Please try the steps above and come back with a feedback.Thanks!!Fingers crossed

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en 

Retired champion.
Message 19 of 28 (1,338 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had this same issue since the new update. I've tried everything the others have suggested short of the recovery mode suggested in the last post (don't want to mess with settings like that for a game client) and have had no luck. If anyone has found anything that works please share! Here are my computer specs if they will help anyone out!

Computer Specs

Message 20 of 28 (1,254 Views)