Origin will not send Verification Code to my email account

by MoltarTheGreat

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin will not send Verification Code to my email account

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting more than a bit frustrated right now. To anyone wondering, this is another account I made to be able to get around this annoyance. Long ago, my account was "hacked", as in someone else was using my account for a while, even added their own friends and played Battlefield 3 for me, without my consent, as I came back from a 6 month break from the game to see a new profile picture and all the nine yards. I managed to reclaim my account through my email (was unchanged thankfully), and set up the Login Verification to prevent something like that from happening again.

Now, after another another year and a half break, I come back, to find that it no longer recognizes my computer as the same as before and asks me to get my security code. FORTUNATELY the first time worked, and I managed to login, and I still am logged in to my account via Origin. Unfortunately, Battelog doesn't recognize my email and password, and gives a "Wrong Email or Password" error, even though I signed in with the same email and password in Origin. I attempt to login normally, but it asks yet again for my Verification Code. I wait, and wait, and wait, and it's been a full DAY since I last submitted it, and I did so over and over and over, and I see nothing in my inbox. A full DAY. 

So, now I decide I want to remove it. What do I need? A security code. Makes sense, prevents hackers from taking the account back from me. Okay, so now I want to post a complaint to support, but lo-and-behold, it needs you to sign in. Signing in ALSO needs you get your Security Code... even though the topic is "Can't log in". So, I click "Problems logging in with your account?", sends me back to the SAME support page, which I am unable to send a support ticket to.

So, TL;DR:

1) Verification Code will no longer send to my email address

2) Support ticket requires logging in, and therefore my Verification Code.... see 1).

3) All attempts to reclaim require Verification Code. See 1) and 2).

Message 1 of 3 (18,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin will not send Verification Code to my email account

Hero

@MoltarTheGreat You've made a new account to make this post, so you should be able to log in to support with your new account. Wink 

If you are logged in on Origin with your main account, you should be able to view your backup login verification codes (I'm assuming this works for email as well as the app, apologies if it isn't). Within the Origin client, go to Origin > Account and Privacy > Security, in the login verification section there should be a line "backup codes" with a 'View" link next to it, click that to view your backup codes. You should be able to use these temporarily while you sort your issue out.

Login verification will also ask for a code every 90 days, even on trusted devices. So any time you go an extended period of time without logging in, you can expect to come back to a request for a login verification code. Wink

After all that, it does appear that there may be an issue currently with Battlefield 3 login- see Carbonic's reply here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (18,729 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@MoltarTheGreat You've made a new account to make this post, so you should be able to log in to support with your new account. Wink 

If you are logged in on Origin with your main account, you should be able to view your backup login verification codes (I'm assuming this works for email as well as the app, apologies if it isn't). Within the Origin client, go to Origin > Account and Privacy > Security, in the login verification section there should be a line "backup codes" with a 'View" link next to it, click that to view your backup codes. You should be able to use these temporarily while you sort your issue out.

Login verification will also ask for a code every 90 days, even on trusted devices. So any time you go an extended period of time without logging in, you can expect to come back to a request for a login verification code. Wink

After all that, it does appear that there may be an issue currently with Battlefield 3 login- see Carbonic's reply here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (18,730 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Leora85 wrote:

I apologize for the late reply, I never received an email notification for the replies to this question so I just abandoned it (and Origin as well). However, I would like to report that this does not work because, as said before, it will ask for a login verification code every 90 days. Unfortunately, even though I logged in using the original verification code, even marking my device as trusted, it requires yet another login verification.

Hence, once again, to view backup codes, I need a login verification. However, I have managed to ask support through the Help > Error Reporter for my account, but alas have not found a reply (and if there has, it did not show the reply at my email account). I will however use EA Live Chat (Waiting right now) and report results once I do get this sorted out.

Message 3 of 3 (18,101 Views)