Re: SOLVED !!! Origin will not launch (error 0x000007b) & asking for disc

by s_stutler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin will not launch (error 0x000007b) & asking for disc to be inserted

★★★★ Apprentice

For about a week now, my Origin will not launch. I put up a post about this already, but it was marked as Spam. I promise i am not spamming. I am desperate to get my Origin working again, and play my games! I assume my post was marked as spam, due to its length. So I will attempt to shorten my post now.

I have tried all of the following (unsuccessfully) 

Soft uninstall of Origin

Hard Uninstall of Origin - Going through Regedit with step by step instructions and removing every last trace of Origin, before re-installing. I got this from another EA help page - 

Replacing, updating, and installing all C++ softwares (2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, & 2017) - X86 & X64 versions. My system is a 64bit, but there was an EA page suggestion to install both types. - I have tried placing these in the "Plugins" folder and just the Program Files (86) > Origin Folder itself.

SFC/scannow options - showed no issues.

Origin simply refuses to open. When I install Origin, it asks for a Disc to be inserted into Drive D: ... if i continue to hit continue, it eventually gets past it, but then throws up the 0x000007b error Disappointed

Someone please help me. I'm at a loss on anything i can do now. Devil

Message 1 of 3 (366 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

Just updating to SOLVED !!! 

After trying literally everything (and I do mean everything) - and NOTHING working.. 

I finally saw a reply on EA Help Forums, with this same issue (among being stuck in offline mode) - 

AND. The only thing that worked for me, was, Uninstalling the newest version of Origin, and installing an older version. 

This stopped the disc error and the it booted me out of Offline more, and allowed me to access my games again! 

YAYYYY !!! 

... the file is also on File Hippo. (I would link it here, but I don't think thats allowed) 10.5041.27263 for Windows << is the version you want.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (326 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Just updating to SOLVED !!! 

After trying literally everything (and I do mean everything) - and NOTHING working.. 

I finally saw a reply on EA Help Forums, with this same issue (among being stuck in offline mode) - 

AND. The only thing that worked for me, was, Uninstalling the newest version of Origin, and installing an older version. 

This stopped the disc error and the it booted me out of Offline more, and allowed me to access my games again! 

YAYYYY !!! 

... the file is also on File Hippo. (I would link it here, but I don't think thats allowed) 10.5041.27263 for Windows << is the version you want.

Message 2 of 3 (327 Views)

Re: Origin will not launch (error 0x000007b) & asking for disc to be inserte

★★★★ Novice

I had the same probelm with Star Wars Battlefront here is a link to (hopefull) repair your dll files because you have probably installed wrong files https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOBIqEKSmz0

Message 3 of 3 (227 Views)