Re: Origin update everytime i open it

by denofsch

Original Post

★★ Novice

For me none of the solutions work.

Please have someone from Origin look at this re-re-re-re-re-re-re-(37 times)occuring issue and fix it!

Message 11 of 18 (1,651 Views)

★ Novice

If EA did not have star wars I would not be here. Origin is a poorly constructed, mismanaged wanna-be game platform

Message 12 of 18 (1,598 Views)

★ Novice

Even if i try to run as administrator it still updates 92mb every time i open it.

Message 13 of 18 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I found I had this problem, and nothing listed here worked.

I then tried logging out of Origin before I turned off my computer, without the box "keep me logged in" ticked, & when I turned the computer back on, the sign-in box popped up, & after logging in with my details, Origin didn't update, & took me straight to home page! 

I also ran the game I was playing through Origin as administrator (Sims 4 at the time), but I'm not sure if that did anything to help or not.

Message 14 of 18 (1,525 Views)

★ Novice

I found I had this problem, and nothing listed here worked.

I then tried logging out of Origin before I turned off my computer, without the box "keep me logged in" ticked, & when I turned the computer back on, the sign-in box popped up, & after logging in with my details, Origin didn't update, & took me straight to home page! 

I also ran the game I was playing through Origin as administrator (Sims 4 at the time), but I'm not sure if that did anything to help or not.

Message 15 of 18 (1,521 Views)

★ Novice

just stop with all the updates allready Origin. Its getting old. Every time I open this it has another update. Well at least your geek squad has jobs I guess. I'm about done with it.

Message 16 of 18 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have origin configured to run as administrator every time it runs.  (Running Windows 8 on 64 bit pc).  Still, everytime I have to reboot and run origin, it starts a new origin update.

Also, sometimes origin stops the update a few MB into the download and tells me "You're currently in windows compatability mode"???  But in the settings it is not in compatability mode of any kind...

If I "X" out of that error message I can log in to origin just fine and usually stays online.

I did complete uninstalls and reinstalls of origin 3 or 4 times about a year ago but the issues seems to persist.  If I don't log off or reboot my origin stays running and online so it's mainly just obnoxious if I have to reboot.

-ChriS

Message 17 of 18 (1,461 Views)

★ Novice

this is not working i have been trying it for hours 

Message 18 of 18 (969 Views)