Origin taking long to download and install

by MaknyoLol

Original Post

Origin taking long to download and install

★ Novice

My net is pretty good. All the games download really fast on steam and other places, but when i tried downloading the origin app, it said that downloading 60 MB will take 2 hours. Tried downloading it on a different PC tho and it downloaded really fast. After copying the application from that one to my PC, and starting the installation process, it took about half of an hour to fill up 1/10 of the bar. I don't know what to do because i have some games on origin and i cannot download it.

Message 1 of 5 (322 Views)

Re: Origin taking long to download and install

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @MaknyoLol 

Can I ask if you've tried to enable safe mode downloading in Origin? I would also recommend to close down background applications or try running Origin in the clean boot mode.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (316 Views)

★ Novice

As i said, I'm talking about downloading ORIGIN not a game through origin. When i try to download the installer from https://www.origin.com/pol/en-us/store/download it takes really long and then after i run it, it doesn't want to install (goes up to like 1/10 of the bar and tells me to download the installer again or something)

Message 3 of 5 (298 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@MaknyoLol 

Apologies for misunderstanding your problem in the first place Embarrassed

Once again, I would recommend a clean boot for it, if you've not tried it already. Also make sure to launch the installer as admin.

If it doesn't help, you can try to perform the same steps on the new admin account in Windows. It seems that something is blocking the download/installation for you.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

★ Novice

From what i see my PC itself has problems connecting to origin. I don't know what may be the cause. I tried making a clean boot and it didn't help. Is there any other way to try and fix it?

Message 5 of 5 (282 Views)