Re: Origin spams me with error messages

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin spams me with error messages

★★★★ Apprentice

When I started up Origin today, Origi.exe spams me with constant error messages that say I don't have a disk in drive and I must insert a disk. Problem is, all my games are digital downloads. Origin has worked without any issues for almost a year now. Today it started doing this without any apparent reason. I was not even using Origin when it started giving me these error messages. Is this related to server problems? According to down detector, Origin is having server issues at the moment.

Message 1 of 9 (940 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Altrn8tvFax  @AssassinoFinland 

We have some posts with that specific error message with approved solutions below. Do they help get rid of the error for you?

Solution #1

Solution #2

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (864 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @AssassinoFinland 

Sorry about the spammy error messages, hopefully it stopped for you by now. If not, have you tried uninstalling Origin and re-downloaded the latest version from our site? You are correct though in that Origin online services is affecting some players and is being investigated. It sounds like you might have received the update for Origin right when services were having some trouble. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (914 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Tried reinstalling and disabling the D drive but to no avail.

Message 3 of 9 (904 Views)

Community Manager

@Altrn8tvFax  @AssassinoFinland 

We have some posts with that specific error message with approved solutions below. Do they help get rid of the error for you?

Solution #1

Solution #2

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 9 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry Unfortunately the error is still happening and I can't even try these solutions. The reason for that is that I cannot change the letter of my d drive or disable the drive. Those options are entirely missing from my computer's disk manager.

Message 5 of 9 (854 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  No wait, it worked! I just checked and it was complaining about drive E for some reason instead of D.And apparently I cannot change the letter of D drive because it's a system restore drive. So I changed drive E to another letter and now it works again! Any idea what is causing this problem though? It has never happened to me before.

Message 6 of 9 (848 Views)

Community Manager

@AssassinoFinland 

Glad you were able to get it fixed! I'm not really sure to be honest, but we'll pass along the info from this post to the team. Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC though in between the last time you played games on Origin?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 9 (845 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry No I didn't. Hardware has been the same for a long time now.

Message 8 of 9 (836 Views)

Community Manager

@AssassinoFinland 

When you open up Origin and click on Origin>Application Settings you can designate where you want your save files. Perhaps with the new update and where you had your games saved caused some brief conflict. Thanks for following up so quickly and reach out to us here again if you need help.

Happy Gaming!

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 9 (832 Views)