Origin set up does not open

by CPTporker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin set up does not open

★ Novice

a week ago origin was fine. could play apex no problem.

early this week when id go to open origin it would either open but say "offline mode" or it would slowly open to a white window. 

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times to get the same result.

now origin is fully uninstalled and when i try to reinstall straight from the origin website i would get the "originthinsetup" file but when i double click nothing happens..

i have tried every "solution" i have read... 

please please please help. i have spent way to many hours trying to fix this and its stressing me out

thank you

Message 1 of 5 (546 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin set up does not open

Community Manager

Hey @CPTporker let's try the following (I know you have already uninstalled Origin so you can skip the first part):

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

1. Right-click the Origin installer and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should hopefully let it install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Installon the game you want). 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (514 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @CPTporker let's try the following (I know you have already uninstalled Origin so you can skip the first part):

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

1. Right-click the Origin installer and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should hopefully let it install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Installon the game you want). 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude I have the same problem this origin * up I bought fifa 20 and I can’t play all the programs installed without problems and from this * there are so many problems I don’t know how to solve the problem !! and support ea, as always, doesn’t help anything, how did this * me up Teeth bared

Message 3 of 5 (443 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko why torment people like that, I don’t understand whether it is impossible to just take and fix very many people have such a problem!!
Message 4 of 5 (442 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Saletta0770 when issues such as this appear it's generally related to a system issue. As such we need to go through some troubleshooting steps in order to narrow down the cause and find a solution.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (440 Views)