Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable 7/2/19? Packs not downloading..

by jennaaz

Original Post

Origin servers temporarily unavailable 7/2/19? Packs not downloading..

★★★★ Novice

I just ordered a bundle and was trying to download it but it never prompted me to download anything. I read that this was a common issue so I reloaded it, no help, so I reinstalled Origin "the hard way", and now it just wont load any of my already downloaded games, and doesnt register that I just bought a bundle too - it prompts me to enter the confirmation code but I dont know where to find that - they didnt email it to me. Checking the billing it shows that my payment was completed. Just wanted to see if it was an origin issue or an issue on my end. 

Message 1 of 10 (661 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jennaaz you can find your product code by opening your My Game Library and then right clicking on the game tile and selecting properties. From here you will be able to copy and paste your CD Key.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (653 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thanks for the response! But for some reason none of my downloaded games are showing up, and the ones that I just bought are not available as "ready for download".
Message 3 of 10 (651 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I bought the Sims 4 Island Living in a bundle and it didn't immediately download like it usually does. My account was charged, but Origin didn't register that I bought the pack even though it can be seen in my order history. When I loaded The Sims 4, it said that all packs were unavailable for purchase. I tried to restart Origin using the ResetOrigin tool like the EA forum recommends, but when I opened Origin again, it said that the "Origin server is temporarily unavailable" and that it is "currently unable to retrieve my list of games." Sure enough, my game library is empty even though every purchase I've made is still documented in my order history. This is incredibly frustrating and I'm worried that I will never be able to access my games again. It seems like this is a common problem, which is honestly ridiculous. I just hope that they fix this problem soon and that everyone experiencing this problem can access their games again. 

Message 4 of 10 (638 Views)

@Cinnamonpaws1234  If you're running the Origin reset tool, it sounds like you're on a Mac.  There are a number of related issues with Origin in macOS right now.  EA is currently looking to collect logs from affected players; you can find more details in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/7...

It would be very helpful if you could upload your logs to that thread.

@jennaaz  If you're also on a Mac, the same applies to you as well; logs would be much appreciated.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 10 (631 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Cinnamonpaws1234 Exactly what happened to me! I uploaded my logs to this other forum where they are trouble shooting mac players atm. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/7...
Message 6 of 10 (614 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yeah! I just did that before seeing this thread again. Mac's really suck huh
Message 7 of 10 (613 Views)

@jennaaz  I saw your post (after the fact; I would have come back and edited my post here had I been paying better attention).  The logs are much appreciated, and I do know that EA would like to be able to resolve this issue soon.

I absolutely don't think Macs suck though.  I'm typing on one right now, and I love it.  (Incidentally, I don't have any of the reported issues, but then I haven't tried to buy anything recently.)  However, EA products and macOS don't always work well together, which is unfortunate.  Hopefully though this problem will be fixed soon, and we can go back to complaining about the small stuff again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 10 (595 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yeah I use a mac too, which sucks in terms of EA/Sims 4 support! I started playing the sims on macs years ago and theres always been problems for macs that were never a thing for windows. I just wish they'd a little more into making the sims 4 fully compatible with macs. i know its sounds super hard but its so frustrating for us apple simmers.
Message 9 of 10 (591 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help! I'll see if this fixes the problem

Message 10 of 10 (564 Views)