Re: Origin says it's offline and won't update, 'Error code: 9.0'

by Cinebar

Original Post

Origin says it's offline and won't update, 'Error code: 9.0'

★★ Novice

Origin says it's offline even though I have a strong internet connection, it also won't update. I have completely uninstalled Origin and downloaded the latest version but it keeps coming up as a 'Error code: 9.0' and tells me to continue to Origin offline. Also in my SIMS 4 game, my sims won't propose or 'try for a baby' and I think it because I need to update it but I can't because my Origin says it's offline.

Message 1 of 4 (1,766 Views)

Community Manager

@simplyfavour

Can you let us know if the steps posted at the following link by EA_Tom help you with this please?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-update-Origin-Error-Code-9-0/m-p/5740222#M235762

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,755 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for your advice, but turns out the was some bad custom content in my game and now my game work like normal again. Origin updated but I still don't know what happened and what I did to fix it.
Message 3 of 4 (1,743 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Banging my head on my desk.   As usual Origin needs another update.  Hadn't opened Origin since the last one, last month.  Receive the error 9.0 message when it tries to update.   I don't have any cache files I can find to clean.  Only thing in there is 'local' and directions say don't delete User/local Origin files.  Argh.

Message 4 of 4 (1,735 Views)