Re: Origin "Hours Played" will not update for The Sims 4

by logicdat321

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
Same here, the exact same issue. After playing Apex Legends, the "played hours" and "last played" have stopped updating for all my Origin games like NFS Payback and others.
Message 11 of 21 (993 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not tried any other games, but The Sims 4 has stopped updating for me now too. Glad to know I am not the only one.

Message 12 of 21 (964 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @SystemError514  @CN21Gaming and @logicdat321,

Thanks for raising this with us Standard smile

Just to be on the safe side I'd like to perform some basic troubleshooting to rule out any local issues. Could you please try the following?

- Repair the game through Origin by right-clicking on the game and selecting Repair.

- Clear the Origin cache

- Run Origin.exe as an admin

- Make an exception for Origin in your firewall and anti-virus program

Thank you in advance Standard smile

Jason.png
Message 13 of 21 (947 Views)

★★★ Novice

Done all of that already. Will try the repair again though.

Message 14 of 21 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've tried many solutions such as reinstall origin, verify game files, run origin as admin, clear the origin cache, however, it still did not work. I observed another weird thing  is that the "played hours" were fluctuated or jumped dramatically, I played FIFA 19 around 30 min, now my FIFA 19 "played hours" just jumped to 101 hours (only 79 hours before that), that also happened with BFV, it just jumped up to around 10 or 20 more hours even though I just played a few hours. In addition, I also suffered the "cloud storage not syncing" when I start or quit a game

Message 15 of 21 (920 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

We've fixed the Cloud Storage issue and we think that the hours played issue was related to that. 

Could you please let me know if it has been fixed now?

Jason.png
Message 16 of 21 (889 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's not fixed for me, but a bit different. My "last played" was stuck on the 6th yesterday, it's now stuck on the 7th today.
Message 17 of 21 (883 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

my "played hours" just jumped insanely after it updated the"last played" date. It's not fixed yet. I think sth went wrong with the servers or the timezone in origin, it only updated the "last played" after a day (maybe it only follows US time!?), I also realized after i played a game, that game didnt appear on the recent games when I open up Origin, it's on there after the next day (same with the "last played") and the counter for the "played hours" isnt correct at all, the"played hours" will be updated following with the "last played" (yea also after a day) but my hours just kept jumping up to 10 or 20 hours even though I just played for a few minutes. Hope these details could help

Message 18 of 21 (851 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm encountering the same issues as well for Apex Legends.  Initially it was 0hrs played with no last played.  I then cleared my cache and it showed 15hrs played when I've played much less than that however it does accurately showed "Last Played".  Then I played for <1hr earlier today and when I reopened Origin it showed 23hrs played with an accurate "Last Played" time.

Message 19 of 21 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can 100% confirm the same issue described by the guys above me. It all started with Apex launch (which I didn't even play btw), cloud storage sync errors, hours played not updating, then all of a sudden add 20-30+ hours on games (pretty much all games in library are affected), but still not actually updating. Tried all the fixes, the issue is definitely on EAs end.

I just hope it will get fixed soon, as it's incredibly annoying, and with the cloud saving even dangerous if by mistake you click use cloud data instead of local...

Message 20 of 21 (791 Views)