Re: Origin prevents system from hibernating

by JuSiZ1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin prevents system from hibernating

★★★★ Guide

Need help on this.  For whatever reason, Origin is preventing my system from sleeping.  It's a tad annoying, as I rather keep origin running in the system tray, but cannot because it will never let my computer just go to sleep.  It didnt do this before, and it's something I just recently noticed since I came back to p[laying EA games.

Yes, I am 100% sure it's Origin causing the system from going to sleep, I spent a month testing it to make sure it WAS Origin.  I just want to find out how to make it stop causing the hibernation from starting.

Message 1 of 21 (6,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Disabling the Origin Helper Service, under application settings, worked for me, on a clean windows 10 install that wouldn't sleep.

To see if anything else is preventing sleep run an elevated command prompt (start, type cmd, right click, run as admin) type powercfg /requests

For me, with the service enabled I had...

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] NVIDIA High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0071&SUBSYS_10438508&REV_1001\5&3801de31&0&0001)
An audio stream is currently in use.

After disabling the service...

SYSTEM:
None.

Origin Version 10.5.4.63358 - 0

View in thread

Message 8 of 21 (6,673 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Kyosji

Go to the Origin menu, Application Settings, Notifications, turn all of those off and let us know if your machine hibernates after that, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 21 (6,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry I have exactly same problem and those notification offing doesn't help! This problem comes in bf1 launch when origin updates new menus. EA please fix your software!
Message 3 of 21 (6,154 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Still happening after a clean install.  It's 100% Origin, as I haven't had origin installed for a month and everything was fine.  The same time I installed origin and downloaded BF4 and BF1, my system does not hibernate when Origin is in the system tray.

This is why I despise launchers.  Life was better when I clicked on a shortcut on my desketop and it launched the game.  Now I have to open a launcher that needs to constantly be updated before I can use it, then select my game and launch it.  It's additional tasks in my task bar, and they can cause conflicting issues with the system, like disabling hibernation.

Message 4 of 21 (6,073 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_BarryStill doing this.  Please don't ignore us here.

Message 5 of 21 (5,989 Views)

Community Manager

@Kyosji@JuSiZ1

It is possible that clearing your Origin cache as follows will help, please let us know either way.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

barry.png
Message 6 of 21 (5,967 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_BarryNo.  As stated, I've done clean installs, and since then, i've reinstalled windows to a new SSD, same issue.

Message 7 of 21 (5,959 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disabling the Origin Helper Service, under application settings, worked for me, on a clean windows 10 install that wouldn't sleep.

To see if anything else is preventing sleep run an elevated command prompt (start, type cmd, right click, run as admin) type powercfg /requests

For me, with the service enabled I had...

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] NVIDIA High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0071&SUBSYS_10438508&REV_1001\5&3801de31&0&0001)
An audio stream is currently in use.

After disabling the service...

SYSTEM:
None.

Origin Version 10.5.4.63358 - 0

Message 8 of 21 (6,674 Views)

★ Novice

This is still happening in December 2017.

Disabling the Origin Helper Service fixes the issue.  Without it disabled the system fails to go to sleep due to:

[SYSTEM]

Legacy Kernel Caller

Origin

Version 10.5.8.17910 - 0

Message 9 of 21 (5,722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Barry,

when can we expect a new Origin update ? Last year that was happening twice weekly in some period and now it's long time.

Many MS updates have passed under the bridges (and routers), we are still with Version 10.5.8.17910 - 0--

Any release date or website where to see official Origin release dates ?

Every SW has update schedules...

Thanks for taking the time to find out Standard smile

Message 10 of 21 (5,627 Views)