Origin not loading up properly?

by AshtonFire

Original Post

Re: Origin installation/login blank white window

★★★ Newbie

I have ("had") the same (blank, white login-screen) too and i am running WIN10 64-Bit Pro.

How i solved it:
I closed my Anti-Virus Software, Kaspersky, COMPLETELY and Origin worked instant !

And yes, Origin is in Kaspersky allowed and got all rights. So there must be a other interference in the connection btw Origin and a Anti-Virus Programm.
I know that Kaspersky is blocking many/or all Ports. I remember that i had to open a few (smth like 2 or 3) ports to play BF3 Multiplayer. So maybe Origin needs (again) one or more Ports to connect, who arent included in the "normal request" for kaspersky.
I hope that i could help you all a bit and that they fix and or publish all Ports who are important for Origin to communicate. Cause that isnt a Solution for the Future ! (That i (/we) have to disable my (/our) Anti-Virus Programm(s) to Start Origin...)

By the way: I have all this Realtek stuff installed too, so i dont think that it interrupts with that.
AND i liked the older design more Wink ..."dont change a running system"...

Message 20 of 1,482 (13,577 Views)

@dannyrider71421

Thanks for the info. @cutemma already White-listed the client, but its wohrt a shot. 

@all

Restart your router.

If that not helps, shut down your Windows firewall and your router firewall if possible, also shut down your antivirus software. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.)

Should it work after you disabled the firewall, here is a description how to allow a program to communicate through the firewall

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 21 of 1,482 (13,572 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried disabling the Realtek Audio thingy but no go, I guess we will have to wait for an update...

Message 22 of 1,482 (11,573 Views)

@Griechland @cutemma @OUshot12ic

I have one last idea @OUshot12ic post gave me, disable Aero.

- Right click the Desktop
- Click Personalize
- Under 'Basic and High Contrast Themes, click "Windows 7 Basic"

- restart

- test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 23 of 1,482 (10,023 Views)

Re: Origin encountered an issue loading this page.

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@cutemma

Did this solve the problem for you? (this reply is from a merged thread).

Message 24 of 1,482 (10,025 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Griechland @holger1405 @dannyrider71421 @OUshot12ic @cutemma

The following ports have to be opened on your system in order for Origin to properly run:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Note that the most common cause for Origin not loading is an anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall program. Double-check those first. I also merged a post from @kippy300 into this thread that might provide some further help if you are experiencing this issue.

@cutemma - I noticed that you already white listed Origin as we've come across each other in several threads. Your system is different to all the other dxdiag's posted in here in that you only have an Intel Graphics driver - this issue seems to be occurring for several players with old drivers on that same chipset that cannot be updated. We are currently investigating this.

Message 25 of 1,482 (9,979 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87

I checked out my Windows Update log and I already had all of those updates installed on my system. As of about 16-18 hours ago when I last tried to install Origin I'm still experiencing the same issue. I'm away from my computer at the moment so I haven't had the chance to try again yet.

Message 26 of 1,482 (9,968 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87

Thank you for investigating the outdated graphics driver; I'm suspicious that at least in my case this is probably the cause of the issue. My laptop is pretty old by now I guess!

Message 27 of 1,482 (9,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@cutemma

Your details have been forwarded to our team investigating this for players on an Intel Chipset. I will reach out to you when I have more details available.

In the meantime, could you try new Origin beta version:

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/forum/33129/OriginThinSetupBeta.exe

EDIT: saw your second reply.

It is true that your laptop is quite old but technically it does meet the requirements of Origin. I hope we can figure this out soon for you. If you happen to have access to another system on the same network then try installing Origin there for testing purposes. 

Lastly, since everything points to the Intel Chipset being the cause, try to relax while we look into it for you - you've done quite a lot of troubleshooting already!

Message 28 of 1,482 (9,815 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87

Haha OK I'll take a breather! Thankfully I'm away from my computer at the moment so no more troubleshooting for me even if I wanted to! Thanks for your help, hope this issue is solved for everyone soon Standard smile

Message 29 of 1,482 (9,678 Views)