Re: Origin loading forever

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Origin loading forever

★★ Novice

Hello :D

Seeking help for a friend.  When she tries to start up origin, the window pops up but it doesn't stop loading like in the attached picture.  We've tried everything we could find online (deleting certain files, disabling virus protection, using program files from another computer) but nothing seems to work Frown

If anyone has fixed this problem or knows how to fix this problem please help us.

Message 1 of 7 (7,029 Views)

Hi, @SnowfallEternal

1. First restart the PC in clean boot mode.
  2. Download origin from the link.
  3. Reinstall it by right clicking on the installation file, then choose "run as administrator"
  4. Open the freshly installed origin client by running it with admin rights (see step 3 but this time right click on the origin.exe icon)
  5. See if it works and post your comments.

Good luck. Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (7,011 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope didn't seem to do the trick Frown

Any other solutions you can think of?

Message 3 of 7 (6,999 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem I think. Except that it doesn't show that it's loading forever, it simply shows nothing more than a white screen for me every time I tried to log in.

I tried to re-install Origin, but now I can't even attemp to log in anymore at all. It just shows a white screen as soon as I open it. In other words, I can't even install Origin anymore. 

I've had this issue for a long time now. Frown Really unfortunate because now it's impossible to play any of the games. 

Message 4 of 7 (6,994 Views)

Hi @Miharuka & @SnowfallEternal

Perhaps a corrupt file is causing this problem. If you don't mind to redownload your games, you can try the following steps:

1. Start the pc in safe mode
  2. delete the maps in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" and "C:\Program Data\Origin".
  3. The last map is invisible so click on the "view" tab in the windows explorer in the C partition (local drive) and tick the "hidden items" square.
  4. Also delete "appdata\roaming\origin" and "appdata\local\origin"
  5. Restart the computer
  6. Redownload the origin client here
  7. Restart the computer in clean boot mode
  8. Install the origin client
  9. Open it with admin rights: right click on it and choose "run as administrator"

Please let us know if these steps helped and good luck Fingers crossed

Message 5 of 7 (6,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I was downloading Apex Legends through the origin application till yesterday when today after signing in, it keeps loading. I have checked the internet connection and also updated graphics driver but nothing works. I don't got unlimited internet and apex legends was downloaded 40 percent. Please help me restore my files of apex legends and also start to work origin. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7 (4,030 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Lucifer280102 I'm locking this thread as it is a number of years old.

If you continue to see an issue then please make a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (3,935 Views)