Origin keeps crashing with Windows 10

by DiepThienVu

Original Post

Origin keeps crashing with Windows 10

★★ Novice

Origin keeps crashing with Windows 10. I've just installed windows 10 and tried to download BF4. But Origin kept crashing and I can't download game continuously while AFK, have to restart Origin all the time (once every 10-20mins). Does this bug happen to all Windows 10 users? It's quite annoying, sometimes it crashed even while playing

Message 1 of 18 (25,270 Views)

Re: Origin keeps crashing with Windows 10

EA Staff

@DiepThienVu Could you please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 18 (25,228 Views)

★★ Novice

errr it's still the same, keep crashing and crashing.

Message 3 of 18 (25,211 Views)

EA Staff

@DiepThienVu That is quite strange. Do you get any errors or does it just crash? If you don't get any errors, could you please check Windows Error Report or Event Viewer for Origin.exe crashes and if you find any go into details and post the info?

Message 4 of 18 (25,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem sadly I think mine is worse it crashed my laptop to the point I have to reset it. It only happens with Origins but I can have steam and arc to other gaming sites and software that i have games with and no problem. Why is it that the one site that has the one game I love is the one the kills my laptop. Whats even worse is that I have to spen almost $500 just to fix this by upgrading everything on my laptop. I think this is really mucked up.

Message 5 of 18 (25,043 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem. Before upgrading to windows 10 everithing was fine and now when origin is about to end sincronizing fifa to launch it origin crushes with no error message. I followed the steps above but still have the same problem
Message 6 of 18 (22,164 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem. Before upgrading to windows 10 everithing was fine and now when origin is about to end sincronizing fifa to launch it origin crushes with no error message. I followed the steps above but still have the same problem. My drivers are all up to date and both steam and battlenet along with other software and games work just fine. Please help.
Message 7 of 18 (22,155 Views)

★★ Novice

My problem back there was a conflict between Origin with my typing software (named UniKey that used to type Vietnamese)
disabling the Unikey works, or you'll try updating your Windows 10, and use the latest version of Unikey. Now Origin and my Unikey work perfectly.

Message 8 of 18 (21,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What happens to mine is that Origin crashes with a window which looks like Origin in game. I see the Origin in game menu windows small on the desktop.  It say not responding. They it crashes and I need to relaunch it. I will try to post a screenshot for next time. in my Windows Control Panel--> Uninstall a program I seer that my Origin is Version 10.5.5.6040. Is this the latest ? If not, please post here the link to the latest version to download! Thanks!!

Message 9 of 18 (21,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi Kristi,

I get these in the screenshotsOrigin1.PNGOrigin2.PNG

Also many of these in Event Viewer

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Origin.exe
P2: 10.5.5.6040
P3: 59fb305b
P4: d6be
P5: 134217728
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER834A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppHang_Origin.exe_bae240a2c34826b462ea53c37e6c14b1b94ae2c_1caa980c_50907938

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 871fe5bb-827d-4158-953c-3e8169b8bfbe
Report Status: 100
Hashed bucket:

Message 10 of 18 (21,125 Views)