Origin keeps crashing on Startup

by McVay22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin keeps crashing on Startup

★★★ Novice

I have managed to get Origin to install making use of an older installation file however when I try and run origin the program crashes on startup with no reason. I just get a window asking if I want to send an error report. I have tried multiple possible solutions and have not managed to find a solution. Please help

Message 1 of 18 (20,083 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin keeps crashing on Startup

★★★ Novice

Want to give you an update. I have managed to get Origin to work by reinstalling my copy of windows and wiping my harddrive clean

Thanks for all your help and assistance

View in thread

Message 9 of 18 (26,522 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try to reinstall Origin in this way:

- perform "Clean boot"

- close all programs as this

- if Origin is installed then uninstall it

- delete folders:
C:\ProgramData\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Origin\
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

C:\Program Files\Origin\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\

- download this Origin installer and run it as Admin

- run Origin as Admin

Message 2 of 18 (20,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for your response I have tried the method that you suggested by now when I go to install Origin the program launches and then crashes without coming up with any installation process. Could there be an issue of the installation file being for 32 bit and I am running a 64 bit OS?

Also having a look at my task manager I have a QtWebEngineProcess.exe that comes up twice in my processes tab. I have no idea what that is

One other thing is that when I boot up in safe mode with networking I can get Origin to install however it wont log in but when I go back to normal windows Origin just crashes when I start it up

Message 3 of 18 (20,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

x32 or x64 is not a problem. Please, attach report (txt file) of MSInfo to a next your message.

and In command prompt running with Admin rights enter a commands then attach to a message list.txt file from root folder of С:\ drive
set > C:\list.txt
tasklist /v >> C:\list.txt

Message 4 of 18 (20,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

here are the files you asked for

Message 5 of 18 (20,012 Views)

Hero

this logs is edited and I cant find useful info in it...

but If u can install Origin in safe mode and Origin crashes in normal mode that is indicates that some program block Origin normal work

my last suggestions is: try to find this program; and try to create new OS user with Admin right and run Origin from this new OS account.

Im done on it.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 18 (20,008 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok one last question.

Could bitdefender be stopping origin from running?

I have no problems with steam running but when it comes to the installer for origin it starts to run but then crashes out with no warning messages or anything. so I am thinking it could be either malwarebytes or bitdefender

Message 7 of 18 (19,987 Views)

Hero

U can just disable\close\uninstall Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and check it ...

Message 8 of 18 (19,984 Views)

★★★ Novice

Want to give you an update. I have managed to get Origin to work by reinstalling my copy of windows and wiping my harddrive clean

Thanks for all your help and assistance

Message 9 of 18 (26,523 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is not a solution !!! You are crazy reinstalling everything for Origin garbage !!
Message 10 of 18 (18,682 Views)