Origin just wont.

by wiltingmushroom

Original Post

Origin just wont.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello; my bf and I have been screwing around for almost two hours now trying to get origin to load. It just comes up a blank screen. We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as administrator, the internet connection is fine.

I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm getting frustrated af trying to figure it out.

What do I do? I feel like I've just waised a ton of money on games I can't play. Is it even possible to get a refund if I'm too stupid to figure this out? I feel like such an idiot right now.

Please help me, but also please talk to me like I'm 80 and don't know what a keyboard is otherwise I won't understand 90% of what's said. 

Thank you.

Edited to say we also download some things that ended in x80something.. I dont know what I'm doing and my partner has left for the next few days.

Message 1 of 2 (236 Views)

Re: Origin just wont.

Community Manager

Sorry to see that your Origin is not working @wiltingmushroom, the best thing to try in this situation is to clear your Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)