Origin is wasting my time, money and internet quota!

by knightmedosoft

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin is wasting my time, money and internet quota!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I purchased FIFA 15 3 days ago, and I'm downloading it through the Origin app. According to my internet speed it should only take 20 hours to finish, but it hasn't finished yet!

Every once in a while it would go back in the download to an earlier stage! Like after reaching 79% it went back to 60% then to 42%! Right now I'm stuck in 42%, and every hour or so it would go back to 42% (3.9/9.4 GB) regardless of how much progress it has made.

This is really frustrating because, not only is my time being wasted, but my internet quota as well.

My internet connction is fine, I have no problem downloading other stuff, and up until this happens, the download speed is stable.

Is there any alternative method to download FIFA 15 directly, or is there a fix to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3 (204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin is wasting my time, money and internet quota!

★★★ Novice

Hi mate, once I have the same problem, I could fix, by deleting all data, and starting again, from zero.

Another usefu tip, it's, if you have origin installed on a different disk Ex "D:/", instead of C:/. you should install it on C:/, after this 1° go to Config, 2° Advance; 3° choose your Games folder, Ex: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\"

I hope this help you up. Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (183 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hi mate, once I have the same problem, I could fix, by deleting all data, and starting again, from zero.

Another usefu tip, it's, if you have origin installed on a different disk Ex "D:/", instead of C:/. you should install it on C:/, after this 1° go to Config, 2° Advance; 3° choose your Games folder, Ex: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\"

I hope this help you up. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3 (184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks for your input, this half-solved the problem for me.

I deleted all the "Origin" folders in "Program Data" and "AppData" directories, and re-launched Origin.

Origin was then convinced that the game is fully downloaded, even though there were lots of missing files. So there was no "download " button, only "Play".

The game was working but all the team logos, kits, player faces, stadiums, ... etc. were missing.

I then got the missing files from one of these pirated copies, copied the missing files to my game directory and it worked fine.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3 (174 Views)