Re: Origin is not compatible with Windows 10.

by GoKu09090

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin is not compatible with Windows 10.

★ Novice
Alright, I updated to Windows 10. Now when I go to open Origin, it pops up with a few error messages saying that the "file is missing." I went through a live chat with an EA service member and even they couldn't fix the problem. I'm assuming that, because Windows 10 is so new, Origin hasn't had the chance to update their systems to be compatible with it. I'm just sort of looking for a quick fix to the problem right now.
Message 1 of 5 (25,988 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @catyooo

First of all turn OFF your antivirus.

Try clearing your Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA_Nils >>  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Restart your PC.

And then updating your Origin client to the latest Beta version / top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General..

After you have finished make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

Restart Origin .

All my best.Wink

@yahel_1
I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (26,155 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @catyooo

First of all turn OFF your antivirus.

Try clearing your Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA_Nils >>  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Restart your PC.

And then updating your Origin client to the latest Beta version / top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General..

After you have finished make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

Restart Origin .

All my best.Wink

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 5 (26,156 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, @yahel_1,

I just cleared all of my cache. I can't even open my Origin to update anything. It just pops up with a message saying something weird. I'm not good with computers so I really have no idea what it means. I'll attach a picture. But any time that I click to open Origin, that error message comes up and I'm not able to do anything else.

Message 3 of 5 (25,938 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

OK @catyooo

If you still don't succeed , you need to look here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Solving-Problems-in-Windows-10-with-Origin/m-p/4699616 and try one of these 2 solutions .

You choose .

All my best.Standard smile

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 5 (25,904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i play using origin in my windows 10, then i unistalled it for some reasons. after a while when i installed it again it wont run. 

Message 5 of 5 (13,387 Views)