Re: Origin is garbage!!

by DAW085

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin is garbage!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've tried every tip for getting a faster download and nothing works. Never had this problem with steam. What F-ing clowns are in charge of this *. It jumps from 7 hours to 14 hours for a download.

[Do not attempt to bypass the swear filter - CM]

Message 1 of 6 (2,406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@jmncrr@YoshiinoYoshi Firstly, please do not attempt to bypass the swear filter. Doing so is against the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

@seaberryblue

For issues with slow downloads can you try the following.

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,290 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Agreed. The only answer is to not give them any further money. Unfortunately, EA will continue to treat customers like garbage until we stop buying from them.

Message 2 of 6 (2,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have to agree, I have been treated like garbage the last two weeks while dealing with their messed up servers. They ignore us and don't care if we can not play our games for weeks on end. [Do not attempt to bypass the swear filter - CM]

Message 3 of 6 (2,336 Views)

Community Manager

@jmncrr@YoshiinoYoshi Firstly, please do not attempt to bypass the swear filter. Doing so is against the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

@seaberryblue

For issues with slow downloads can you try the following.

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced
Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,291 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA's official solution, treat Origin like the fragile glass 9 mm that it is.

Message 5 of 6 (2,218 Views)

★ Guide
What is that even supposed to mean? Origin is EA's client, and sadly, they're not going to fold into STEAM, so we just have to live with it. Do they make bad calls? Sure. Do they make bad calls they could have avoided by following steam closely? Sure.

Has EA earned the Golden * award on several occasions? Most definitely.

But are they fragile like glass? I don't think so. I think there are certainly areas they sorely need to improve (Non - call center support, A SHOPPING CART)

But at least they allow a platform for users to get help. Epic lets Steam Community act as their support department.
Message 6 of 6 (2,214 Views)