Origin in-game overlay not working for any games

by TheTitanOzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin in-game overlay not working for any games

★ Novice

recently i have been playing dragon age inquisition and the overlay had been working perfectly then one day it just didn't work at all and when i go invite friend it says that "The origin in-game overlay is unavailable. Another application may be interfering with it. try disabling any applications that show an overlay over the game." since then i have looked everywhere for a fix but haven't found one. i have tried re-installing origin, shutting razer synapse, steam, evga precision, nvidia shadow play, pretty much anything i could think of that has an in-game overlay. i tried setting the overlay to all games, still doesn't work. i tried right clicking and going to properties and the box wasn't ticked to disable overlay. I don't really know what else to do but the overlay isn't working in any origin games that i own, have tried dead space 3, dragon age inquisition, titanfall. but so far have had no luck since it stopped working.
any help would be greatly appreciated as I was really enjoying multiplayer for dragon age inquisition

Message 1 of 17 (49,027 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin in-game overlay not working for any games

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

managed to fix it with the help of an advisor,
 - had to do the manual uninstall shown here http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/
 - then reinstall and it will verify all of your games and you will have to chnage settings to how you liked it like download location and such
 - after that though it was working, i hope this fixes it for anyone else that has this issue

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (52,082 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

managed to fix it with the help of an advisor,
 - had to do the manual uninstall shown here http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/
 - then reinstall and it will verify all of your games and you will have to chnage settings to how you liked it like download location and such
 - after that though it was working, i hope this fixes it for anyone else that has this issue

Message 2 of 17 (52,083 Views)

★ Guide

I give up.  I did this to the letter, and still doesn't work.  

Message 3 of 17 (48,913 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Make sure you don't have anything else running while trying this.Origin In/Game..RaZer Synapse,OBS,BitDefender e.t.c

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 17 (48,899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem.

I found that Steam was causing the issue and closing out the Steam program fixed it immediately!
I've also heard that certain sound driver software caused issues and updating the driver and sound management software fixed this issue for others.

In short;
Try to close out any programs running in the background and make sure your OS and all driver software is fully updated.
Worked for me!

Message 5 of 17 (47,169 Views)

EA DICE Team

Very helpful tips, @ravthetank - thank you!

Message 6 of 17 (47,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so everything can cause an issue?

i rly dont care about overlay except its the only way to report someone in game

Message 7 of 17 (41,516 Views)

★ Novice
y
Message 8 of 17 (40,800 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have the same issue with apex legends. i solved it by going into origin>apex legends>more>virtual currency>and bought coins from there.

Message 9 of 17 (31,045 Views)

★ Novice

HOLY CRAP! THANK YOU!!! 

why the hell do they make it so difficult for us to give them our money I will NEVER understand

the software gore that origin is reminds me every day why i hate origin so much 

Message 10 of 17 (29,522 Views)