Re: Origin in Euros can I change to Pounds

by TWISTEDxDEVIL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin in Euros can I change to Pounds

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I live in an Island called Jersey in the Channel Islands and we use British Pounds as our currency however my origin store seems to be displaying in euros, is there any way to fix that? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Huh, interesting. From the info I see here everything points to you being in Jersey as you say, whereas going by that url it's defaulting to the Irish Origin store. 

We can feed back that GBP/the UK store is more desired for Jersey residents, but I can't make any guarantees regarding changes or timing of such changes. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (545 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I don't think it will be possible... the thing is, I am almost sure that you are redirected to Origin store which is the closest to you... and that would be the French store.

To verify what store you are sent to, you could pick any game in Origin Store (in browser, not client), proceed to checkout (without actually completing the transaction) and look at the URL. It should have a part like enter?country=*country name abbreviation*&currency=*currency name*. For example, as I'm in the States now, my URL says "enter?country=US&currency=USD". In your case, I expect it to be "enter?country=FR&currency=EUR".

Why does it matter? Because it's impossible to switch the stores.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 5 (507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Interestingly enough it's says:

https://checkout.origin.com/lb-ui/cartcheckout/payment?country=IE&currency=EUR&cartname=origin-store...

I dont have much of an issue with the prices being displayed in euros its just  the conversion rate is different so im technically paying more for stuff than if i was in the UK store

Message 3 of 5 (501 Views)

Community Manager

Huh, interesting. From the info I see here everything points to you being in Jersey as you say, whereas going by that url it's defaulting to the Irish Origin store. 

We can feed back that GBP/the UK store is more desired for Jersey residents, but I can't make any guarantees regarding changes or timing of such changes. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That would be great. Thanks

Message 5 of 5 (469 Views)