Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close.

by thelifelessone61

Original Post

Re: Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close.

★★★ Newbie

I have tried all of the above. Still doesn't work. 

Message 11 of 17 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same ugh

Message 12 of 17 (1,137 Views)

Community Manager

If you are seeing this issue can you provide your DxDiag so that we can take a look at it?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko.png
Message 13 of 17 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey, I know you marked a solved solution but I have been looking for a solution to my problem for about a year. Yes I wasnt playing sims 4 for a year and the ea team had no idea what was gong on. I bought a new dell xps 13 laptop and it would work for a few weeks then I would get this problem.  "Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close". The problem with these newer laptops is that many apps do not support 4k display and I  was totally unaware of that. I finally got fed up and started playing around with the properties. I right clicked the desktop icon for origin, went into properties - Compatibility tab- change high DPI settings - select the box that says override high DPI scaling behavior scaling preformed by: and from the drop down list select "system". Then boom it worked. After a year and countless cases I opened with EA. I'm hoping this helps someone who couldn't find the solution to their problem like me. Hoping to save them some time 

Also If you encounter it again, go on origin.com, log in,  go to "my game library" , press the game you wish to open, click "play on origin" and lastly click "Launch Origin". Thats what worked for me. 
Message 14 of 17 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

simple fix, disable the graphics driver you dont use then it should work...but before you launch the game, enable it incase but if you dont use it at all, leave it disabled...xD

Device manager> Display adaptor .....Disable the graphics card that you dont use

I forgot to add, dont disable the graphics card that has your display adaptor as the problem may just occur again... but just give it a try...Finally fixed...   :O

But i just cannot believe a EA couldnt figure this one out..i had to...xD

Message 15 of 17 (806 Views)

★★ Novice

you know what all suggested solutions are suck why not you guys fixed the software. You guys are just abusing with EA games why not EA have them own game launcher like steam or others. such a waste of time.

Message 16 of 17 (529 Views)

★★ Novice

I am feeling shame to do this. But solution is here.

Message 17 of 17 (523 Views)