Re: Origin freezes my computer at startup

by Ricky2935

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@Ricky2935

Ok, lets try something different.

- Go to the ASUS website and download the latest VGA driver available for your notebook.

- Preform a clean installation of this driver

- Disable the NvStreamUserAgent. (Don't worry, if you don't have a NVIDIA SHIELD device it will not have any negative effects.) > test. 

If that don't helps, preform a clean boot nd see if it helps.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 15 (286 Views)

★★★ Novice

If i have asus live update installed and let it check for updates, isn't that the same? You mean VGA, don't you?

I don't even have nvstreamuseragent

Will perform a clean boot after you have replied me.

Message 12 of 15 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ricky2935

@Ricky2935 wrote:

If i have asus live update installed and let it check for updates, isn't that the same? You mean VGA, don't you?

I don't even have nvstreamuseragent

Will perform a clean boot after you have replied me.

@VGA

Yes, typo, fixed it.

@asus live update

No, because the driver you use is newer than the driver on the Asus side. The thing is that drivers for Notebooks are often tweaked for the conditions inside the specific notebook.

The NVIDIA game ready driver work most of the time for Notebook Graphic cards as well, but if you have a problem you should rule out the driver as a possible error source.

As a general rule it is always better to use only the drivers that come from the manufacturer on a Notebook. (that counts for all drivers, not just the Graphic driver.)

I would suggest that you look if newer drivers for other components are available at the Asus side. At least for your Realtek High Definition Audio chip there is newer one. 

@nvstreamuseragent

So you don't have Gforce Experience installed?

You can preform the clean boot before you change the drivers. The reason for the clean boot is to make sure that no third party Applications or Services are responsible for the problem.

It would also be good if you set an exception for the "Origin.exe" and the "OriginClientService.exe" in your anti-virus real time scanner.  (even better it would be if you uninstall the anti-virus software completely. (Of course only for testing purpose.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 15 (266 Views)

★★★ Novice
I will keep u updated. If those steps don't work, i think i will just have to live with the fact that my pc starts slow... untill i uninstall origin...
Message 14 of 15 (262 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey holger

The vga is a no-go. I just checked, and it's an outdated driver. With this driver, i can't play BF1. BF1 specifically asks for driver 375.xx, the one on the asus site is 348.xx.

For the clean boot, everything is ok. No problems at all..

And indeed, i don't have geforce experience.

Message 15 of 15 (244 Views)