Re: Origin fails to download .exe files, stuck at DIP_staged.

by KippariKalle87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin fails to download .exe files, stuck at DIP_staged.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

I'm trying to download ME3 and Dragonage2, Download stops at 99%, and says "Network Speed 0 B/sec" while i have good internet connection, then "Download fails" message pops up. I tried various fixes like reinstalling Origin, deleting and re-downloading the games, my firewall has exceptions for origin. Also while downloading I turned Firewall and my antivirus off. That didn't help

While manually checking the files I realized that program stuck on .exe files. and they all marked DIP_Staged I include the screenshot of search in the folder of ME3.

Please, help me out, I would like to buy Dragon age 3 on Origin but I doubt I will be able to play it with these kind of issues.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (14,841 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@ProphetOfCthulhu Could you please try enabling Safe Mode Downloading in Application Settings - Advanced (top left corner of Origin client in Origin menu) and then try the download again?

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (16,540 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@ProphetOfCthulhu Could you please try enabling Safe Mode Downloading in Application Settings - Advanced (top left corner of Origin client in Origin menu) and then try the download again?

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 6 (16,541 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, It worked. Didn't know about this feature. Love you!

Message 3 of 6 (14,814 Views)

EA Staff

Glad to hear! Have fun playing :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 6 (14,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi, just wanted to say thank you, this worked for today's Battlefield V update as well. Here is the error message for anyone googling it:

Origin is not able to download Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition to C:\Games\Battlefield V\Data\Win32\installation\patch20installpkg\cas.cat_DiP_STAGED

EDIT: No it didn't. Dang. Frown

Message 5 of 6 (9,972 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and I cant find the safe mode anywhere,,,

Message 6 of 6 (7,913 Views)