Re: Origin failing to install

by Straatford87

Original Post

Origin failing to install

★★★ Newbie

Google Chrome downloads Origin App just fine however when trying to install it, the program just gives me a white window of blankness then goes away. 

I'm running Windows 7 Pro. Any suggestions OTHER than "Run as Administer". Tried this enough times already still getting same blank white window then Origin just goes away. 

It's like it wants to install but has some type of conflicting programing lines of code somewhere that just make it close before even getting started. 

Little help please, haven't been able to use any game since September of 2016. 

Message 1 of 4 (218 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello @Ryhnian,

did you get an error code? If so, plz post it inhere so we can provide further assistance

Greetings,

Baabyhuehnchen

I do not work for EA, i am just a random guy who like to help other with their problems. All answers are my personal ideas and not affiliated with EA.
If my post helped you, please consider giving me XP Angel
Please mark the post that helped you solve your problem as solution so other people can see it right away Large smile

Message 2 of 4 (212 Views)

@Ryhnian, @Babyhuehnchen

White screen can point out connection problems when trying to install origin.

Please follow the steps:

1. Restart your PC in clean boot mode
  2. Install the program with admin rights enabled; right click on the origin installer and choose "run as administrator"

If the program installs without you getting a white screen, a program or service on your PC was blocking the installation of the Origin client. If you reboot in normal mode now, it should work.

Please keep us informed.

Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Ryhnian @Babyhuehnchen

Hi all,

@DarkBanishing is correct in that a white screen in the Origin client or launcher indicates a connection issue. If the steps by DB haven't helped, then I would also recommend to check out our main thread on this subject:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-Blank-Screen/td-p/5723900

Cheers,

Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)