Origin.exe Entry Point not Found

by KT_FerrariTTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin.exe Entry Point not Found

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I know there are a few topics similar to this out there, but none with this specific error message, so here goes.

I am trying to reinstall Origin on my laptop after cleaning it up. When I install Origin and try to start it up, I get the error message "The procedure entry point _except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe"

I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit with an AMD A8-6410 with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics at 2.00ghz processing speed, 4gb RAM

Edit - Also, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, as well as cleaning the computer and doing a clean boot.

Message 1 of 28 (45,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin.exe Entry Point not Found

EA DICE Team

Hi @supernatural217,

This error comes from not having the correct VC++ version installed on your computer. We managed to solve the issue in this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/HELP-ME-PLS/td-p/4759406

I understand that you might have already read that. If so, please download the latest version of VC++ from the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

If it doesn't work, please tell us exactly which steps you did or did not do so we can troubleshoot further.

--Tom

View in thread

Message 22 of 28 (31,772 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@KT_FerrariTTV Could you please try renaming Origin.exe to OriginTMP.exe in the Origin client installation folder (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin) and then try launching the client again?

If the same issue occurs please run Origin Error Reporter from the client installation folder and post the ID here.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 28 (45,536 Views)

★★ Apprentice
That file does not exist in the Origin folder. Nor does the Origin Error Reporter.
Message 3 of 28 (45,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I tried to start Origin today and then update pop up showed up. Then i got the same message as topic author.

I have unistalled origin and then tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't finish the process properly - popping up the same message before the installation  is actually finished.

Message 4 of 28 (45,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Getting this error too, reinstalled dx, .net framework and stuff (besides Origin client itself), but nothing. There is no Origin Error Reporter, and changing Origin.exe to OriginTMP.exe does not get rid of the error either. It's inadmissible getting this to this recent update.

Message 5 of 28 (45,453 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm also positive it's because of this update working with windows 8. My boyfriend recently installed Windows 10 and isnt having any problems.
Message 6 of 28 (45,449 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not sure about that, I'm running Windows 10 and I'm getting the error since this new update only.

Message 7 of 28 (45,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Hmm. Weird. Must just be the update on certain PC's
Message 8 of 28 (45,389 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin worked fine yesterday but not today.  

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA Version 1.40, 7/31/2014

Message 9 of 28 (45,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am also getting this same error message, I have even tried running it as an admin in windows 7 compat and it isn;t working either, I can also not locate the file you mention....

[EDIT]

Also I went into properties to change the name of the program to change the .exe and it is still not working and giving the same error for every time of way you can launch Origin

Message 10 of 28 (45,350 Views)