Re: Origin.exe - Bad Image

by JibbsqaziYT

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Yesterday I updated Origin and when I opened it I got the mentioned error. Origin still started but the error kept popping up. I found a fix on the EA forums.

I went to this link and downloaded vcredist_x64.exe. After the installation I restarted the computer and the error was gone.

Message 11 of 17 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As it’s now 2018, I have to get the 2017 Visual C++, however I cant find a 32 bit one and I have no idea of any other way of getting Sims 4 to work?! It’s really frustrating. I get the same message come up and I’ve downloaded x64 and x86. How can I sort it out? 

Message 12 of 17 (939 Views)

★★★ Guide

@G3mmaL0uise when it comes to installing MS Visual Studio i tend to let Windows updates handle it for me.  Have you tried to do a manual search for windows updates?

Message 13 of 17 (931 Views)

Community Manager

@G3mmaL0uise The x86 version is, in fact, the 32bit version. The naming is a little odd but harks back to the release of Windows XP, so if you are running the Windows 32bit then you are on the x86 version. 

Darko.png
Message 14 of 17 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Tom,
Just adding on to this thread finally fixed my issue. 

Please be sure to emphasize that the latest version of each years x64 and x86 VC++ packages need to be installed. I kept seeing other answers that referenced downloading the latest and of course that just points you at 2017... . The install of the 2013 x64 an x86 specifically fixed my error.

Message 15 of 17 (856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its trying to make me pay

Message 16 of 17 (748 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have restalled still its not fixed

Message 17 of 17 (650 Views)